Nine

To say it was a weird day at school for Izuku would be an understatement. As the green haired male stepped into his homeroom, he didn't hear a single swear escape Katsuki's mouth at his entrance. Scratch that. He didn't hear anything from Katsuki at all.

Surprisingly, all the boy got was a fierce glare from the ash blond, shocking him. As Izuku walked up to his desk, he ignored the usual murmurs about his quirkless-ness and noticed that (Y/n)'s desk was empty. He raised a brow at the thought of the cheerful girl being late,-in fact, she'd usually greet him at the entrance with that American transfer girl and they'd all walk to class together- but thought nothing of it, shrugging it off and concluding that she might've gotten stuck in traffic on the way to school as he sat in his desk.

Looking around the room, he spotted the transfer (Y/n) was always talking to. Throughout their entire first semester, the two had only talked once or twice, and that was through (Y/n)'s mutual friendship between them. Though from the few words exchanged, the freckled male deemed her good in his book. Along with the quirky (h/c) haired girl, she made no notions to jab at his lack of facilities.

Speaking of the girl, where was she? The bell had rung minutes ago and seconds from now, Mr. Renzo would be walking in to start the class. Izuku wondered that same thought as he sneakily pulled his phone from his pocket, hiding it under his desk as he went to the second year's contact. As the keyboard popped up, the boy moved his fingers to text her.

(Y/n)<3

'Where are you??'

read 8:03 a.m.

The boy whined in disbelief. Not only did she leave him on read,-which never happens with her-but she also didn't respond. The boy just hoped she wasn't in danger or anything as he put his phone away. Coincidentally, the brown haired teacher walked in at that exact moment, ready to start the day for his now 2nd-year class.

"Good morning kids!"

"Yagi Tokutome?"

"Present."

"Koyasu Shino?"

"Here!"

The homeroom teacher had begun to call role soon enough, and (Y/n) was still no where to be seen. Midoriya began to grow anxious for the female as Mr.Renzo got closer to her name on the list.

"Katsuki Bakugou?"

A grunt was heard in response.

"Izuku Midoriya?"

"H-here!"

"Hanaki Okake?"

"Sir!"

"Adelaide Rowan?"

"Mmhm."

"(Y/n) (L/n)?"

Silence. The older man didn't take his eyes off of the clipboard he held as he called the girl's name again. "(Y/n) (L/n)?" A good portion at the class turned to face said girl's empty seat and a student spoke up. "Uhm, sir? (L/n)'s not-" Their voice was cut off by the loud bang the classroom door made, having been forced open as a familiar delightful voice called, "I am here!" And in stepped in the lovable girl in all her glory, though, there was something different about her today. The freckled male noticed it right on the dot.

Along with her bright smile, on her pristine white teeth sat a mouth-full of metal wires and (f/c) rubber bands. That's right. (Y/n) had gotten braces, upping her cute factor by x10. At least to the green haired male it did. He flushed pink as her gaze turned to him and brightened, waving as she skipped over to her desk. Though, the girl passed it straight up and went straight to her freckled friend, slamming one of her hands on his desk and the other pointing at her bared teeth. "Hey Izu! Ya' like my braces? I just got th-" "Ms.(L/n)."