Thirteen

On the rooftop, the wind blew a strong breeze through Izuku's dark hair, messing it up further than it already was. Staring out into the horizon, the boy observed the world one last time and found the sight beautiful.

Contrast to the storm inside of him, the sun had begun to set, turning the usually blue sky into a nice canvas of purples, yellows, and white as the clouds were splattered around. Many students had already left, or were participating in club activities in the building, making the campus almost completely silent, seemingly empty. It was calm. Too calm, but serenity was not going to drive the boy away as he clutched the fencing that surrounded the roof's edges. 'Am I really going to do this?' He questioned, hesitating for a moment.

'Of course you are! Think about it, the world would be so much better if it weren't full of powerless wannabes like you. Mom wouldn't have to worry so much. We won't have to worry about Katsuki or bullying anymore either. It's a win win right?' And so, an inner argument started as Midoriya began to reconsider. 'I mean, you won't be able to become the number one hero but, honestly, who are you kidding?! You're a quirkless nobody with no friends. No one will miss you.' Negative thoughts spiraled within the boy's mind as small tears slid down his spotted cheeks.

Gripping the fence, Izuku had begun to climb it before pausing. Slightly, he let his grip loosen as one protruding light in his mind of darkness shed in. 'What about (Y/n)?'

Blinking, Midoriya pondered his actions. Could he really leave her alone in this hell? What if something happened to her? Taking too long to make up his mind, that voice cut in once again. '..She has other friends. More important friends, obviously. She didn't even come to see you off. Eventually she'll just forget you. Just like everyone else,' It spat, making the green haired boy scowl as he continued to climb the fence, making his way to the edge of the rooftop.

Meanwhile, with (Y/n):

Letting the door shut behind her, (Y/n) exited the bathroom, bag slung over her shoulder as she made her way to the exit. Nanashi wasn't far behind the girl as they had a one-sided conversation. The teen chattering endlessly as her mute friend just listened, or so she thought.

Truthfully, there was something bothering Nanashi as his full attention wasn't on the girl, but something else. The male's gaze was unfocused as he sensed something in the air, subconsciously following (Y/n) with his guard up. The ghost was tense as he prepared to fend for them both, but what he felt wasn't a sense of danger. At least not for himself. The tension in the air was weird, but not in a good way as he wondered what the cause was. His questions were answered soon enough as the two made their way out of the building.

"Whew! I'm pooped Shi," (Y/n) whined, looking to her male counterpart. She continued to walk forward with her eyes closed, not paying attention to her surroundings as she made her way out the door, though she didn't make it very far.

"Can you believe Mr.Renzo gave us a pop-quiz in three different subject-Ack!" The medium cut herself off with a yelp as something hit her head, almost falling into the fish fountain next to her. Luckily, Nanashi caught it just in time as he held out his arm, the object stopping in mid air. Rubbing her head, (Y/n) grumbled and complained as she took the thing in her hands, revealing it to be a note-book of some sorts. "Ow! Who'd be reckless enough to drop their belongings out th-" Once again, she cut herself off as she read the cover. 'Hero Analysis!' It read, the familiar handwriting catching her eye as (Y/n) realized who it was for.

"Ah, it's Izu's! Silly must've dropped it while packing up. I'll just give it to him tomorrow," The girl chirped, giggling slightly as she began to skip away. She didn't make it past the gates before she noticed a certain white haired male wasn't by her side. Confused, (Y/n) turned around saw that he was still in the doorway, a weird expression on his face as he stood still. "Nanashi? You coming?" The taller male didn't respond. He just stared straight ahead, dull eyes unfocused as his eyebrows furrowed. Worry settled into the bubbly girl's system as she felt the air pressure on her shoulders. Something bad was going to happen.