HEARTBREAK AND NEW PLANS

"Asalaamoalikum, Shahista, good that you come home early!, come sit with us", said Azhaan bhaiya pointing to a sofa infront of me.
"WAALEKUMASALAAM !", said  I and quickly took the seat on the sofa infront of them. I wanted so much to ask them that how did they land up here today, but i knew better to watch my tongue.
"Tea is ready!", said a voice from behind me and i saw Azhaan bhaiya's wife, coming from the kitchen with a tray of cups that she placed on the table with bhaiya's help
"Thanks Yasmin!", said my father.
"You are welcome father", said she and then turned to be smiling, "shall i prepare something for you too, Since you must be tired coming just from work.?"
Before i could answer the question , Azhaan bhaiya replied.
"Don't troubles yourself that much, she is not fond of tea", he said not even looking at me.
That really did hurt, the way he said it. Anyway I turned to bhabhi and said, "No, thank you bhabhi!."
She smiled back at me, and I returned the smile. I turned to look at Azhaan bhaiya who was sipping his cup of tea, it was so hard to believe that this was the very same brother who himself used to cook lovingly for me in this very home. I remember it distinctly, he used to always cook my favourite cookies, cakes or any other snacks when i used to visit him during vacation in school. And now he is the one who is so insensitive that i sometimes feel he even forgets we are related by blood.
"So Shahista! , you must be thinking why did we came to visit you!", said dad.
Ofcourse, because visiting your own daughter without a purpose is something impossible, i thought to myself, but i just looked at dad and gave a polite nod.
"Well we are here to tell you that , there is to be a big function that we all need to attend to on Sunday. ", said Rehaan bhaiya.
"Now Aisha is gonna tell you what you need to wear, and where you need to come, but just be prepared for the evening, as i am gonna introduce you as my daughter, in front of a lot of people.", continued Dad.
"But i know Shahista is not gonna disappoints us,", said Rizwaan bhai's getting up and smiling at me.
"I hope not", said father also getting up.
"You will look beautiful, doesn't matter whatever you wear!", said Yasmin bhabhi smiling at me.
And one by one, before i could even comprehend what they were saying or i could speak a word from my mouth, they got up and walked towards the door. In a swift movement then, they walked out of it, sat in their cars, and moved away. & i sat their listening to the fading buzz of engine.
I slowly got up, and walked towards my room upstairs. I needed some alone time and thinking to do, to comprehend what just happened.
I entered in my room and sat on the bed quietly.
"Shahista!,", bhaiyaan said softly, he had followed me upstairs.
"Shahista listen don't get upset, Okay?", he said gently and sat next to me.
I looked at him with wide eyes, "bhaiyaan!", said I softly.
"What does introducing me as his own daughter means?", said I quietly.
He said nothing but just wrapped his arms around me.
"It's Okay Shahista! I understand how you feel! It's not gonna be that bad, i promise", said he.
Tears started shedding down my eyes and i started trembling.
Introduce me as their own daughter infront of people, i didn't want that to happen.
"Am i property to display bhaiyaan?", said I sadly looking at him with teary eyes.
"No you are not sweetie!, you are my most precious treasured , remember that!", said bhaiyaan and tightened his around me.
I cried softly in his embrace, with my head buried in his chest. Tears slipped down my eyes as i remember my father's words over and over again. How can he be so insensitive, so inconsiderate, i just can't comprehend. What happened to that dad, who used to say, "you are my biggest gift dear". What happened to him? My own father is gonna introduce me as if i am a display item. The pain cut through me like sharp pieces of glass cuts an exposed skin. I held on to bhaiyaan, and cried and cried hugging him desperately. He didn't say a word, just tightened his arms around me and soothed my hairs.
Slowly and slowly after what felt like years, my tears dried up and my pain subsided a little, mu body stopped trembling, and my crying turned into little hiccups.
"Feeling better!", he said gently removing his hands from around me.
I just nodded. "Good!", he said, "now i want you to stop thinking about it Okay?", he continued.
I just looked at him sadly . When i didn't reply anything he continue to say, "now watch your favourite movies on there television!, while i prepare for you a cup of hot cocoa.!"
I just smiled at him, for making this efforts to improve my mood. I loved him so much! . While looking at him i saw the tears stains on his white shirt, i have literally ruined it.
"Bhaiyaan sorry about the shirt!", said I with a weak smile.
He looked at his shirt to see what i was speaking about, and then laughed seeing the tears stains.
"Oh this!", he said pointing to it, "this is nothing!, you remember when we went to Mumbai for our school holidays, once in class 5 ?", he asked me.
"The one in which you had spilled the whole ice cream tub on me?", said I asked.
"Yes!", he nodded, "this is your payback!", he said pointing to his shirt.
I laughed very hard, "oh! Bhaiyaan!, What stuff do you remember really!", said I.
"That i do.", he said and winked at me. "BTW it was not my shirt i cared about, but my arms which had started to feel really numb, i thought i was having a mini paralysis!", he said and walked out of the room, with me laughing at his joke.
After he left, i sat on my bed and closed my eyes, "Today has been such a long day!", said I to myself. "First my work, then this..", i suddenly opened my eyes. "My work!", i exclaimed, "i have plans this Sunday, how can i go to Sharjah, if  have to attend this stupid party!", said I suddenly remembering it.
"UGH!!!" , i shouted out loud, " This best thing that has happened to me So far after coming to Mleiah, has been completely ruined by no one other than my very own family as usual.", i said to myself. "What thee hell!, now i have to cancel my plans, which i don't want to!", said I.
"What if i bunk the party!, i could very well say i had some job, or was stuck or,..", i continued to think of excuses, but my thought didn't last more than a few seconds as i knew that i had to go to the stupid party, there was no escaping it.