MAKING EXCUSES

"Is my presence absolutely necessary bhaiya?"

"I understand bhaiya but i might be a bit late i have work to do!"

"Yes.. Yes.. I understand how important its for you and bhabhi, i will try to be their as soon as possible."

"However i might leave early!"

I put down my book and looked at bhaiyaan who was on the phone for hours talking to Rizwaan bhaiya.

"Okay okay.. Sure.. Allah hafiz!", said bhaiyaan and put down his phone.

"What happened?", said I.

"Huh..!", he sighed and slid down on the sofa infront of me . "Bhaiyaan wants me to be there for that party tomorrow at their house!", he said rubbing his forehead in irritation.

Bhabhi was hosting another party tomorrow and obviously i have to attend that stupid thing.

"What's the big deal? You always go to such parties?". said I to bhaiyaan.

He looked at me and made an exasperated face, "its because of all those stupid proposals i get along. Seriously its irritating! Why don't people understand i don't want to get married and because of bhaiya and bhabhi i have to be respectful to these annoying people", said bhaiyaan angrily. He usually doesn't get irritated much but now he really looked pissed off.

"It might not be that bad!", said I, trying to console him.

He glanced at me in anger, "Not that bad! I made a deal with a business group last week turns out the owner only wanted to do business with me because he wanted me to marry his daughter!"

My eyes widened in surprise, "seriously?", said I.

He nodded and then got up, "you have no idea how much crap i have to deal with!" He then took a pause, sighed and said , "Now i have to go to work, its getting late!", said bhaiyaan grabbing the car keys.

"You have your day off today? What are you gonna do?", said he.

"Oh! I am meeting Zesmina. She also has her day off today.!"

He nodded, "Okay then Allah hafiz!", said he.

"Allah hafiz!", said I and he left.

I went back to reading my book. After some time , i got up and went and took a bath, i had some breakfast and then left to meet Zesmina.
I took a cab and went to the park where i already found her sitting on the bench. I went and sat next to her. It was a bright sunny beautiful day. The park was busy with people walking around and young kids playing. The bench overlooked a pond which had ducks swimming in it.

"Asalaamoalikum!", said I to Zesmina.

"Waalekumasalaam!", said she. "How have you been?"

"Alhamdulillah. All is well! What about you? How's work?", asked I.

She nodded , "good. I am very comfortable working here. I had a talk with my parents, they might move in here.", said she.

My wyes widened in surprise  I was so happy to here this unexpected good news. Since the day she left her family to come with me to Mleiah , i couldn't help but feel guilty about it. Finally today, after i heard this news, the guilt started ebbing away.
I said to her, "wow! That's amazing yaar." I then hugged her, "yay! My bestfriend is moving here permanently."
She laughed and hugged me back.

"Now enough of all these emotions. Tell me the reason you wanted to meet me.", asked her.
I broke the hug and looked at her and said as quickly as i can, trying to sound casual "you have to come with me to a family party tomorrow!", said I.