Chapter 2: Suck a Pineapple

song: Number one by Tove Stryke, (it was the one they were singing in the car)

and it matches the theme of the chapter. so you can listen to it while reading.

I made this chapter extra long since the 1st chapter was short.

***Also just a DISCLAIMER***

there is some language in this book.
So just don't curse, kids.

and there isn't a whole lot of Kaylo, but I'll probably do a Kaylo POV soon.

Happy reading < 3

********************************************

It's my last period and I'm so ready for class to end. I always particularly hated Friday's anxiety. It's like it's almost the weekend, but not really.

I haven't seen any of my friends all day since we don't have any periods together on Friday,

and at recess, Mrs. Palmer, the librarian, asked me if I could help her reshelve the books since she was 6 months pregnant.

it was currently History, and I was passing the time by alternating between glancing up at the clock on the wall and glancing down at my phone under the desk.

"Miss Darling. if you could please spend a portion of your precious time paying attention in class"

"Sorry, Mr. Daves," I look up from my phone, flashing him a forced smile.

He sighs, shaking his head in disapproval.

As soon as he turns around, I wipe my smile away and I use this chance to whip out my phone again, texting in the group chat about why I wasn't in the cafeteria today.

I do a quick scan of the room.
some people are taking down notes, some are staring into space aimlessly. Emily White's trying to pay attention, but her eyes are glossed over. Leo sleeping, his head buried in his arms on the desk.

I watch his body rising and falling, and start getting sleepy myself so I look away. A quick glance towards the board confirms that I'm too dumb to understand it.

it's a wonder how I manage to pass all my exams. I've never had any interest in academics. if it were up to me I'd drop out of school right now.

I look away from the board and go back to observing the room when I make eye contact with a boy with dark hair and an unbuttoned collar with no tie. Aiden. I stick my tongue out at him.

"Check this out" he whispers. He writes something in his notebook. then he tears the page and crushes it into a ball. He waits until Mr.Davis isn't looking and then throws it at Leo.

It bounces off the top of his head. He wakes up and looks around for the source of the ball, disoriented.

Aidan hides his head behind his textbook while I go back to staring at the board, stifling a giggle.

Leo picks up the ball from the ground and opens it.

he reads something written on it and then looks around again.

I try my hardest to keep a straight face, willing myself to keep staring forward.

and just when I thought I'd finally calmed down, Aidan bursts out laughing hysterically for some godly reason, making me start laughing too.

Why was I laughing this hard. The situation wasn't that funny.

I cover my mouth, trying to calm down.
Leo looks at Aidan and realizes he threw the paper ball.