Chapter 9: Panic Room

Song: Affluenza by Conan Gray

Hey loves.

Happy reading <3

____________________

We were pulling up to giant gates. They were black and gold, with royal curves and edges. I couldn't see anything beyond it, except trees.

It was absolutely grand.

There was no other way to describe it.

The motorcycle starts slowing down, coming to a stop.

"um, Tanya?"

"Yeah?"

"Maybe let go of me so I can get off?"

"Oh.....s-sorry" I stammer, blushing intensely. I've been holding on to him for dear life. I unwrap my arms from his waist.

He looks back at me, amused, before getting off and offering me his hand.

I slap it away. I try lifting my left leg from the side, losing my balance and almost tipping off the seat.

He sighs, before walking away, without bothering to see if I was following him. Asshole.

"You know, I tried to help you."

"Yeah well. Try harder next time"

He either doesn't hear me, or ignores the statement. He walks over to the gates. I notice speakers on the right door of the gates. He presses a button on it.

I'm taken by surprise when a voice speaks up from the speakers "State your name and business".

"Kaylo Anderson." He speaks back into it.

"Security number?"

"766890"

As soon as he says this, the gate doors start sliding apart automatically. When they open all the way, I see a tiny man standing right behind them. He looked in his mid 50s. He was in a white blouse and pants. I recognized the uniform . Butler.

I didn't know Kaylo had a butler.

"Mr. Anderson. Welcome."

"Charles Is Tiago home?"

"Not yet. But the others are here, waiting for him. He's called for a meeting."

"Without telling me?" Kaylo runs his hands through his hair, looking agitated. He looks back me, and quickly rearranges his face, looking suddenly calm again.

"Charles, this is Tanya."

"Nice to meet you, miss." He nods at me. I smile back.

Kaylo suddenly turns to me, smiling. "Well, come on. let me show you mi casa"

He walks me through the gates. We were on a stone path surrounded by trees on each side. On the inside I spot at least 6 security guards. They were watching us as we approached the house. I notice they had guns on their belts.

I decide to walk closer to Kaylo.

At the end of the path, I see a towering mansion made of stone and a dark roof. A huge balcony was at the very top, overlooking the entire courtyard.

All the windows were blacked out from the outside.

A tall dark angel fountain was placed in the middle of the it, water coming out of its mouth.

The place was closer to a fortress than a house. All I could think of was, so this is what a mob house looks like?

"Woah." That's all I manage to say.