Chapter 8: lowlife lovers

Song: Lowlife by poppy.

I might be biased, but this might just be my favorite chapter yet.

🥺🍉

Happy reading < 3
________________________________

"Do you know who gave me this?" Kaylo asks me as he closes the janitor's closet door behind him.

He was ignoring the shock on my face. He came. He actually came.

he raises his hands and shows me the note I'd written to him.

"who?"

"Aidan."

shit. that girl probably gave it to Aidan to pass it to Kaylo. And lord knows Aidan couldn't keep quiet for shit. By the time we leave the closet, the whole school would know we were here.

"He asked me if you and I were hooking up"

"I told him we were."

This was NOT how I was expecting to start this conversation.

"Why would you SAY that?" I whine.

"So he doesn't get suspicious. Besides don't pretend you wouldn't love to." He says matter-of-factly

"Ugh as if "

maybe if he stops being so conceited, I'd have the stomach to pretend to flirt with him.

he kneels down and sits on the ground, hugging his knees to his chest. it was obvious what he was implying.

'Let's get this over with'

I had to choose my words very carefully. he was no idiot.

"Soo remember those things I told you"

"What things?"

I sit down in front of him."You know what things"

"maybe" he really came here just to play with me.

"stop with the games. I asked you to kidnap me for 50 thous-"

"OK OK YES. god, can you be any less discreet ?"

I give him a look to shut him up.

"It was fake," I blurt out. Honestly I was half expecting him to laugh.

"Sure it was" he rolls his eyes, sarcastically.

"I'm serious. it was all fabricated. I still can't even believe you actually feel for it.

He was not gonna fall for this.

"Oh really. why'd you come to me then?" he raises his eyebrows in accusation.

"well, how else was I supposed to get your attention"

This definitely took him by surprise . "w-what"

"you just never seemed to notice me before," I explain, pretending to be embarrassed. I guess 16 years of living with a sociopath improves your acting skills.

Thanks dad.

he still looked skeptical though.

"I heard whisperings of what goes on in la bleu nightclub. and I knew your brother worked there. so I put two and two together." 

I explain, keeping my expression casual. You'd think I was talking about the weather. Not the MAFIA.

"Definitely figured it out faster than your father did," he narrows his eyes at me, suspiciously.

"Are you implying that I did it for HIM?"

"It certainly wouldn't surprise me"

"are you seriou-"