Chapter 4: Phase one

song: Home with you by Madison Beer

:) :) :)

Happy reading < 3
________________________________

Its Saturday afternoon.

I've been sitting on my bed, staring at the ceiling for the past 2 hours.

I've been putting off the plan for long enough.

but something inside me broke last night.

Today.phase one begins.

I'll tell you a secret. I've been watching Kaylo for a while now.

Kaylo's always been reserved, mysterious. Ever since he'd joined school freshman year.

He told us it was only him and his older brother at home. He never told us where his parents were.

He told us his brother was the manager of la bleu club, the biggest night club in town. where people go to have fun weekends.

He never told us how a club manager can afford a school like St.Lawrence.

But I'm popular and my father is a lawyer. and I've heard different things about that place. It was a sketchy place.

where bad people go to have a good time. where good people go to do bad things. At my school, It's where students go to rebel.

fake IDs? La bleu Club.

Tattoos and piercing without parent's permission? La bleu Club.

Fake paperwork? La bleu club.

underaged alcohol? La bleu Club.

Drugs? La bleu Club.

I have friends who have friends who told me that for the right price, they can get anything done. if you know who to talk to.

basically, La bleu Club was a mob house, behind the scenes.

My father has been trying to shut it down for years. he has a whole file in his office about it. but he's never been able to catch any incriminating evidence. They know how to hide their tracks well.

My plan was simple enough. go to the club. ask about Kaylo. confirm that the rumors are true. Ask for his help in staging my kidnap. exploit and expose my father. go back home safe and sound.

I've spent a lot of lonely nights planning for this, working out the details, going over the steps, confirming the facts. All those nights my father left me thinking I was crying in my room, I was plotting my revenge.

I honestly think my father would be proud of how precisely I planned this, If it wasn't his ruin I was planning.

But if I was planning on exposing the best lawyer in town, I had to be good.

"soon" I'd tell myself. "it'll be over soon"

I finally will myself to get up. I take a shower, and get dressed. It was all in pain. The bruises on my stomach and back had turned a dark shade of purple. They still hurt whenever I move. So I made sure to apply more cream, and put on a long hoodie to cover them up.

I go downstairs to find my mom having breakfast "good morning" she greets me. I ignore her completely as I walk to the house phone, and type out Leo's number. It rings a few times before he picks up.

"Hello?" he asks sleepily

"Hey Leo"

"Tanya?"

"ya"

"hi. so guess what. you forgot your phone here, and my parents found it. now I'm grounded for a whole month"