I can get superpowers, you'll see

I knew that if I was going to get my own superpowers I would have to think of it as an accident. I thought it wouldn't be so hard, my name had alliterartion in it so it helped my chances a bit. Even with that I would have to go through a lot of work to get some power. For a few weeks I was the guy on the news people saw and thought to themselves."Thank god I'm not that guy, he must be insane"

        I lived up to that statement. I started by going to the nuclear waste factory in town. Don't ask why we have one, cause it seems like every town does, it's just an accident waiting to happen. I hoped that I was that accident waiting to happen. I climbed the fence and spilled as much waste as I thought was necessary, so a lot, like a lot, a lot a lot. Yeah after a few times the guards tried to stop me but when you see a crazy guy rolling around in a pool of nuclear waste you think real hard about how you dont even like security anymore.

        After a few weeks nothing happened. Thinking back on it I should have died, but weirdly I lived. I didn't test it but I was pretty sure I wasn't immortal.

        The second test came during a bad storm. All good superhero origins came from lightning storms so there was a pretty good chance of getting something. Shooting lightning, making rain storms, all of the above. I walked into the middle of a nearby field with a lightning rod and waited. A collection of storm clouds grouped together and my heart started beating faster. Granted this is the same heart that could've stopped in the next few seconds.

"COME AT ME CLOOUUDD!!!!" I yelled at the sky

        Lightning flashed above me and the next thing I saw was darkness. No I wasn't dead, suprisingly. I woke up and got to my feet. I started sprinting but I wasn't any faster then I had been before.

        The third time was the charm that I needed. There was a science facility in Tinyville that I found my powers in. But Daniel, it must have been a high guarded building with identifaction and everything. Yeah you'd be suprised at how far getting a lab coat from a costume shop gets you. I got in and found a single vial of orange liquid on a pedestal. I grabbed it and took the smartest possible choice, I drank it.

        Now I've had spicy food before, really spicy food, but this was spicy from my head to my toes. This was like all the heat had grouped together and punched me in the face. It was crazy. I saw my body covered in flames and with a smile I jumped up, flew to the ceiling and broke through. I saw the whole city of Tinyville below me, ready to fight crime, and thought one thing to myself:

"It's about time"