I meet a girl

So yeah, all the people reading this, that's right. I got superpowers. I may have done some very stupid things to get them but try telling me that when I can start a bonfire with a snap of my fingers. Now I am not much of a fighter but these powers are amazing when you come fist to fist with a bad guy.

        I should think of a name for myself. Something flashy, something really good. I dont know, what, like Fire Guy, no thats stupid. Storm Fire, nope, thats worse,  The Human Flame, come on Daniel thats bad. I have to think of something quick, like, oh I got it. I'll go as Ignite. Yeah, thats good. I never liked names that started with "The". They always belonged to the egotistical superheroes that were just a bit too careless.

        Well now that I have a name for myself, here comes the hard part. For anyone who is reading this right now, let me tell you one thing: I hate sewing. But if I was going to do the whole superhuman song and dance, I'd need to get some pin pricks. I mean I need to wear something, if I dont wear anything I dont think any one would ask if I was a bird or a plane;They would be bit too busy gasping. So I took a few days and stitched together all the flame retardant red and orange cloth I could get my hands on.  

        Putting the last band-aid on my finger, I stood up, ready to fight crime and in no way, shape, or form get famous (I have been practicing my smile just in case). I flew out the door and because it always happens I spotted a supervillian attacking the town.

        I was pumped, like this was my first actual fight as a superhero. This was going to be awesome, this would be amazing (looking back on it now, I forgot to think that this would be extremely dangerous and stupid). I landed right in front of the villian. She was mad, and violent, and really...really cute. Wait what, I shook my head. She was dressed in black spandex with a black cape flowing behind her. God, how does she fit into that? No, Daniel, Focus. She was shaking up an innocent bystander, I walked over and put my hand on her shoulder.

"That's enough, miss"

She dropped the bystander and jumped back.

"No, its never enough" She said. She raised her hand and a shard of darkness shot out of her palm. I was suprised, but moved just in time (my superhero career wouldn't be cut so short). So she could control darkness, wow that was cool. I looked at her but instead of the usual hate in the bad guy's eyes, I saw desperation and fear in hers. I don't know why but I thought I could negotiate with her.

"You must be scared, please stop this so that I can help you"

She was wide-eyed. "No, no, he wouldn't like that. He kept his deal and now I have to keep mine." She looked at her hands, covered in darkness "or he'll take these away"

I thought to myself "What is she talking about?"

She looked up at me, scowling "We will meet again, trust me." A portal of darkness appeared behind her and she stepped backwards. I was left alone, with my eyes a bit glazed over and one thought in my head. Yeah, I'd like that, I'd like that a lot"