I don't want to be the villian, really

I step back out of the portal and look around at my surroundings. I shiver a bit but I continue walking. I am Vannesa Vantel; but my more popular name is Vicious V. 

I walk down an alley and think about that guy that stopped me, I'd never seen him before, so he must've been pretty new. I know I freaked out a bit back there but if you had my boss you would have understood. I walk up to a run down house and go inside. As I turn the corner into a large room I see my boss.

He looks up "Vannesa, How did the job go? I see your a bit empty handed and I don't like empty handed."

"Well the thing is sir, there was this guy, some new superhero and he got in my way. I couldn't finish it."  He looks at me with a suprised look "Even with all this power that I've granted you, you couldn't do it. You better bolster your resolve or soon your powers wont be the only thing I take from you" 

"Yes sir" 

And, Vannnesa,  as for this new guy you saw, the next time you two meet, bring him back to me on a skewer. You're dimissed" 

I get out of there about as fast as humanly possible. I hate the guy but he did give me my power. I think about the days before the change. I was just some girl that either the villians took as a hostage or the heroes would rescue and forget about in the next second. I hated being the damsel in distress. I couldn't take it. I hated being a weakling that needed protection. I knew what I needed to do, I needed to get on their level. As I started to think about it. I saw this weird figure, it seemed like he had a dark aura around him. He walked toward me and said "You must be tired of all these superheroes, all they do is mess up this town. They see us like sheep that need a shepard. You must fight back, get even"

I looked forward, wide-eyed, "How did you kn-"

"I can give your that power, and all you need is to do a few easy tasks for me"

I was being given a choice, stay weak, or change and grow strong

"Okay, I'll do it"

And here I am, still doing his "easy" tasks like robbing banks and just barely dodging lightning or fire or something else, depending on what goody two shoes is in town.

I made up my mind, I didn't know when or how but I would get revenge on my boss.

I walk away to find that new fire superhero from before. A strange thought is in the farthest back parts of my mind. If he's not as good of a guy as he looks, there's a small chance he could actually help me. I go to into Tinyville, thinking I may not follow my boss's orders this time.