It Can Be This Great

Oliver took in a deep breath of his mate's scent, wondering why it was so concentrated around him; not that he was complaining. Oliver opened his eyes, sitting up with a start, realizing he had been laying on Sebastian's chest. The man in question was happily snoring away, splayed out like a star with one arm wrapped around Oliver's waist. Oliver flushed, wondering what he should do.

"We have lots of time before I need to do some work, so go back to sleep," Sebastian mumbled, "or do you just like watching me sleep?" Sebastian peeked open an eye to look at Oliver who scowled, but complied, resting his head on Sebastian's chest. He smiled a little when he felt the man's fingers comb through his hair.

"You good?" Sebastian asked.

"Yeah," Oliver replied, yawning as he drifted off again. He was safe. He was cared for. Sebastian said he loved him even with all his broken parts.

When Oliver woke up again Sebastian's scent had faded, Oliver propping his head up. His heart sped up a little before he smelled bacon, knowing his mate hadn't gone far. Oliver took a quick shower, pulling on a pair of pants and a t-shirt. He kind of wanted to skip down the hall he was so happy, but refrained himself. Oliver couldn't help the smile that formed, seeing Sebastian's toned back and arms as he flipped the bacon over in the pan. Oliver made sure he was quiet, greatly appreciating his mate's physique.

"You know, ogling isn't free," Sebastian said. Oliver flushed at being caught, the man not even turning around. Oliver came up behind him to wrap his arms around the man's waist, resting his cheek on Sebastian's shoulder.

"That won't cover the costs I'm afraid," Sebastian said with a dramatic sigh. Oliver smiled against Sebastian's shoulder, kissing him behind his ear where his jaw was.

"That's a little closer," Sebastian said, Oliver chuckling.

"Oh really?" Oliver asked. Sebastian turned his head, the two kissing softly.

"Go sit at the table before I burn the bacon," Sebastian laughed, Oliver smiling.

"Perish the thought," Oliver said, laying his head on top of his arms that were resting on top of the table. Oliver watched his mate cook, loving how the morning light from the large windows made pieces of his hair look dark blue instead of black. The way his muscles moved and the way he walked around the kitchen without a care in the world.

"What did I say about ogling?" Sebastian questioned, placing a plate of food in front of Oliver. Oliver stuffed a piece of bacon in his mouth, looking innocently at Sebastian who laughed. The two sat in a comfortable silence, Sebastian texting someone.

"So when is this ball thing?" Oliver asked, almost done with his food, biting into his piece of toast.

"In a couple of weeks. My mother likes to come up with the theme for it each year," Sebastian said, setting his phone down to finish eating.

"Are there going to be a lot of people?" Oliver asked, feeling a little nervous.

"Each pack can bring up to ten guests. I think the most we've ever had at a ball was two or three hundred people," Sebastian said. Oliver gulped nervously, not realizing he was looking down until his hand was grabbed by Sebastian's, Oliver looking up again.

"What's wrong?"

"I've... never been around so many people before. What if I say something wrong? I don't even know anything relating to the politics of the country. I'm going to look like an idiot," Oliver said, Sebastian squeezing his hand.

"I didn't plan on leaving you to your own devices at the ball. In fact I planned to not have you out of my sight. But if you're that worried I can give you the most updated news articles on our politics so you'll understand what the exceedingly snobby pack alphas are talking about," Sebastian said. Oliver sighed in relief. The two finished up breakfast, Sebastian changing out of his comfy clothes. Oliver had grabbed a bottle of water, heading towards the comfy couch in the living room, seeing a very old and worn out book on the glass coffee table.