I Dream of You

When Oliver woke up, he was disoriented and cold. His body was shaking from violent shivers, a few inches of snow having been covering him. Oliver shifted into his wolf, his vision going black.

Oliver's consciousness slowly came back, not sure how long he was out for, but he was minutely warmer in his wolf form. Oliver shuddered. The pain wracking through his body making him dry heave. The claw marks on his ribs were slowly oozing blood. His head was throbbing and he was tired and hungry.

Please be okay baby Oliver said to himself. He felt a warmth in his belly, like a flutter, feeling some relief. It's like he could feel a connection to his baby already. Oliver sniffed around him, not sure where he had come from; the snow covering his previous tracks. He couldn't tell which direction was which. He'd have to wait it out until the snow stopped coming down. It took Oliver longer then he liked, finding a small den that was formed from an outstretched tree root lattice. There was less snow in there and it had some cover from the top and sides. Oliver pushed snow and dirt that was in the small den forward, to create a short wall to block out some of the snow from getting in the front. Oliver was still shivering violently, the action making him light headed because it would pull on his broken shoulder.

Oliver closed his eyes, wanting daylight to come. He needed to get back to Sebastian.

In his dreams Oliver could see Sebastian standing in their room, holding on to the pillow Oliver slept on. Tears were quietly leaving him as he stared blindly out the window. Alex, then Annabell, and then Mark came to Sebastian, but it was as though Sebastian was a statue. He didn't even look as though he were breathing. Oliver's heart hurt so bad. He needed Sebastian. Needed his mate. Their baby needed its father. Oliver needed his family.

Oliver woke up to another tear falling from Sebastian's cheek. Oliver whined low and sad, missing him so much. Oliver hobbled out of the makeshift den, seeing that there must have been a small blizzard, several more inches of snow on the ground. Oliver had gone in a circle, twice, getting frustrated and tired. He was so hungry. He had been lucky a rabbit jumped directly in his path, but he needed much more. He didn't know how long he had been out there but it felt like a lifetime.

Oliver

Oliver snapped his head around. The voice sounded like Sebastian's through their mind link. Oliver limped with his three legs in the direction he had heard the voice, a cold breeze whipping at his fur. Oliver had passed out twice randomly. His vision having gone fuzzy before passing out. He had made two more makeshift dens, losing track of the days. Every time he dreamed he begged for Sebastian to sleep, to move, to eat. But the man was becoming a shell. Oliver had seen that look before from the Wanderers that were rejected or those that had lost their mate. Sebastian was becoming a rogue. Oliver had to hurry. Oliver kept talking through the pack link and private link, hoping Sebastian could hear him. Praying and sobbing to hear his mate's voice too.

Oliver was moving slower every hour, every minute. His body was slowly shutting down. The cold, the hunger, his wounds, all working against him.

We'll see Sebastian soon baby, don't worry. Daddy won't let anything happen to you Oliver saying in his head and through his pack link, hoping someone would hear him.

It was getting close to sunrise again, Oliver becoming disoriented by the time of day. Oliver suddenly felt like he recognized the part of the forest he was in, looking around the snow covered trees and bushes.

If he recognized it then that must mean he was at least on the central pack land!

Oliver howled long and loud, hoping to hear a howl back. Hoping to hear the love of his life.