Enough is Enough

Alex had been suspicious ever since the beach. He had a terrible gut feeling of what Oliver was hiding. He knew that Sebastian didn't have a clue. Alex had been watching Oliver like a hawk. He never ate any sweets and was at the gym two or three times a day. Being at the gym so often while Sebastian was working was a little excessive since he only lessened the gym on break days which was twice a week. Alex watched what Oliver ate during the day, and even though it was part of the diet plan it was very small portions. At dinner, which had a small dessert at the end, Oliver would take one bite, ask to go to the bathroom, and then come back. He never finished the dessert. Ever. Alex felt ill. Oliver was hurting himself and he couldn't even see it. He was always fluctuating between being 15 or ten pounds underweight and Molly couldn't figure out why either. Oliver had great muscle tone, but he was thin. Some days Alex swore he could see Oliver's ribs through his shirt.

Alex knew there was one more thing he needed to make sure of before confronting Oliver. It was dinner, Oliver looking kind of pale. His portions were tiny on his plate. Everyone's plates were heaving; his mother's plate heaving. Alex wondered if Oliver didn't understand that werewolf metabolism was exceedingly high.

Alex bitterly wondered how no one was noticing. Alex slowly chewed his food, everyone talking and enjoying the company. Oliver and Sebastian were looking at each other with so much love it was palpable in the room. Alex was happy for his brother, but Oliver couldn't be hurting himself anymore. If his brother ever knew, it was going to hurt him too. But this mindset needed to be fixed.

Dessert was brought out which were lemon bars on a platter with a side of fresh blueberries. Everyone put a few pieces on their plates (except for Oliver who grabbed one and a handful of blueberries).

Oliver took one bite, slowly chewing it. He excused himself to the bathroom, Alex grabbing his chance.

"Alex?" Annabell asked.

"Gotta pee," Alex said hurriedly, Annabell rolling her eyes at the lack of manners.

Alex hurried away, seeing Oliver speed walking to the bathroom down the hall. Alex slowed his walking by a little before quietly entering the bathroom. Alex grimaced, feeling nauseous from hearing Oliver throwing up; but for a different reason. Oliver stepped out, pale and shaky, splashing water onto his face and washing his mouth out.

Alex slowly lifted a towel into Oliver's periphery, Oliver saying a quiet thank you. Oliver gasped before freezing, turning wide pale green eyes to Alex. Alex was leaning against the wall, arms crossed, with an evident frown on his face.

"Alex..." Oliver said quietly. Oliver was waiting for him to start yelling. Alex didn't though. Alex slowly moved from the wall, putting his hands into his pockets. When he looked at Oliver he didn't look like his perky sixteen year old self. He actually reminded Oliver of the king when he had been through an arduous day with pack alphas.

"Oliver, I'm giving you one chance. Tell me any lie to my questions and I'm going right out there and telling my brother," Alex said curtly. Oliver's eyes got infinitely wider.

"Alex you can't-" Oliver's voice shaking.

"How long?" Alex asked. Oliver swallowed.

"Not answering is like lying," Alex growled out. Most werewolves would have been cowering at Alex because of his power, but not Oliver.

"How long have you been purging?" Alex asked again.

"W-What?" Oliver stuttered out. He had heard the word in passing in his old pack but never really paid much attention.

"I looked up your symptoms, behaviors, everything. I'm pretty sure you have some form of bulimia nervosa towards sugar except I've never seen you binge anything," Alex said. Oliver was shaking his head slowly.