You Can Still Drink With Your Pinkie Out

Molly had come in the next day, nothing dire showing up in Oliver's blood test results. She left the two to sleep.

Sebastian and Oliver had been resting against each other, talking quietly about mundane things.

"Finally you both are awake at the same time!" Molly said, walking into the room with a white lab coat fluttering about in crisp black slacks and a pretty pink button down shirt.

"How about that ultrasound now Oliver?" Molly asked giddily, Oliver smiling with a warm flush. He looked at Sebastian shyly who was smiling widely and looking exceedingly excited.

"Your parents and brother wanted to see as well, but why don't we let the actual couple see first and then bring them in later?" Molly asked with a wink, Oliver nodding. He wanted Sebastian and him to see their baby first before sharing the experience with others.

Molly stepped outside of the room to pull in the ultrasound machine she had left outside. She instructed Oliver to lie on the bed again, setting up the equipment and warming the gel.

Sebastian was holding Oliver's hand standing next to the bed. Oliver wasn't sure if it was his hand shaking nervously or Sebastian's. Molly eased Oliver out of his shirt, Sebastian helping, both trying to be careful around his healing bones.

Molly gently applied the warm gel, placing the transducer on Oliver's belly. The screen had varying shades of gray, Oliver completely lost as to what he was seeing on the screen. Sebastian was no better.

"So this is the uterus your baby is sitting in," Molly said, outlining a round-like shape on the screen, "and right in here, this lighter gray blob within the black space, is your baby!"

Oliver felt tears prick his eyes. The baby wasn't very baby-shape, Molly seeing if she could make the picture larger on the screen. Oliver felt Sebastian's hand squeezing tightly around his.

"So this is a yolk sac that gives nutrients to your baby. It seems intact and your blood levels didn't indicate abnormalities otherwise. I know it doesn't look like much now, but everything seems okay," Molly said.

Oliver didn't know what came over him when Molly said everything was okay. Oliver buried his face against Sebastian's side, the man sitting next to Oliver's head on the bed while he was lying down. Tears started to leave him, Sebastian moving so his forehead was pressed against Oliver's, kneeling on the floor.

"See Ollie? You did everything to protect our baby and you did," Sebastian said gently, kissing and nuzzling Oliver around his cheeks and forehead. Sebastian helped Oliver collect himself, kissing Oliver happily several times on his pale pink lips.

Molly had turned to give the two some privacy, printing out a couple of ultrasound photos for them; she'd have to pick them up in her office since the printer wasn't in the room.

"I was so scared I'd lose the baby," Oliver whispered shakily to Sebastian. Sebastian held his mate around the shoulders, shaking his head, kissing Oliver again.

"You had done everything to protect it Ollie. I would never blame you. Even if we had lost it, we would have been sad, but we would have given it a funeral. If you got pregnant again, our child would have still had an older sibling. You would still have been a mommy. Understand Oliver? I love you and am glad you are safe and here. I'm so proud of you and so happy," Sebastian said fiercely, making sure Oliver was looking at him. Oliver's lip quivered, hugging Sebastian with his good arm.

"I love you," Oliver breathed, Sebastian smiling into Oliver's golden hair.

"I love you too," Sebastian smiling as he carefully ran his hand up and down Oliver's back.