13- Uneasy Decisions

BUFFY'S POV

I woke up the next day, with little memory of last night and Spike with a tight grip around my waist. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body into the soft mattress. Spike shifted and released one arm pulling himself onto his back, his other arm still under me. He opened his eyes and looked at his arm that I was on, so I rolled off.

'My arm's dead thanks' he smiled

'Aren't you already dead?' I laughed back

'Oh aha' he laughed rubbing his eyes

'And I didn't ask for you to hold me all night' I teased

'True, my own fault then'

I walked to the bathroom and took a long shower. The hot water cleansing me, I so badly wanted things to be normal. I wanted to wake up and be like 'good morning honey' and have breakfast and go to college and have a normal teenage girl life. I guess college was off the table again this week. Or should I go? Willow and Tara always have time. But then again they live there. I fumbled with the shower nob trying to turn the hot off but struggling with the cold. The water poured out freezing as ice and I sat down and cried. I couldn't even do a normal thing like turn the tap off.

'Honey?' Spike asked

'Yeah' I sobbed

Spike opened the shower curtain and turned the tap off.

'What's wrong?' He asked squatting down next to the shower

I frowned at him 'I couldn't turn the shower off'

'I think it's more than that' he smiled slightly, getting up and reaching for my towel. He wrapped it around me and carried me to the bed in our bedroom.

'I'm all wet' I moaned

'Yeah I know pet, but what's wrong?'

I laid back onto the bed and pulled the towel around with me. Spike laid down next to me and wrapped his arms around me until I fell asleep.

I woke up half an hour later, I dried the remaining bit of water off me and got changed. I found Spike downstairs in the kitchen reading the news paper and some of the bills that I still hadn't paid.

'Would you like me to pay these?' He asked me

'I can do it' I replied snatching them from his hand. I looked down at the some how high electricity bill and moaned.

'Cutting down on electricity' I said slapping the bills down on the kitchen bench top.

'Fine by me love, calm down' he spoke in such a cool voice that I loved, it made any situation feel better and easy to handle.

'Okay' I smiled hugging him from behind.

'Buffy we have 5 days remember' Spike said

I joined him on the kitchen stools with a bowl of cereal. I frowned at him, that's what has been bugging me, I don't know what to do.