16- Secrets

SPIKE'S POV

Buffy was slowly drifting to sleep on my lap, I think all the researching had made her tired.

'Come on let's go to bed' I said lifting her up

'No, no we only have 5 days' she mumbled

'Yeah it's only Wednesday, we have time love' I replied picking her up and carrying her upstairs.

She smiled at me and rested her head on my chest.

'Is it going to be okay?' She asked

'Of course it is' I smiled

We reached our bedroom and I put her into bed and soon enough she was asleep. I crept back downstairs and out the door.
The nighttime breeze was cold but so was I so it didn't matter. I reached Willy's bar: a demon bar.

'Spike! Haven't seen you here in a while' Willy called out from behind the bar, loud enough for all the demons to turn and look at me.

I smiled at them all 'yes I'm sleeping with the slayer, deal!' I yelled

I walked up to the bar and pulled Willy up by the collar.

'One, thanks I don't need these demons coming after me!' I spat at him 'and two what do you know about an upcoming apocalypse?!'

'Ah. Not much' he mumbled, I pulled him closer to my now vampire face and asked him again.

'What do you know about an upcoming apocalypse?'

'Ah fine. I know Angelus is back. I know that there are no vampire women only the men. It's happening Monday so I'll be outa here. And that's it I swear!'

'Fine' I released him and changed my face back. I turned and went but could here all the demons cheering as I left, typical.

I returned home to find the lights on. I walked in but still quietly shut the door.

'I can see you!' Buffy yelled from kitchen

'Ah' I jumped 'what are you doing?'

'What are you doing?' She asked back

'Um' I walked into the kitchen and sat down on a stool. 'Why did you wake up?'

'I know when you're not there Spike' she replied 'where were you?'

'Fine I was at Willy's trying to get information' I yelled throwing my hands up and going to the fridge.

'Why couldn't you tell me that? I probably would of done that too' she replied

'I don't know' I said getting a bag of pigs blood from the fridge shelf.

She sat down and I joined her, drinking the blood straight from the bag.

'What did he say?' She asked

I shook my face back to normal 'pretty much what we know, except the apocalypse will only be male vampires'

'Why's that?' She replied

'I don't know. Probably because men are stronger' I said

She looked at me with funny eyebrows, she was trying to raise one.

'Okay love you can't do the eyebrow thing' she gave a small smile 'and I didn't mean stronger than you, I meant women in general and probably vampire women I don't know' I replied throwing the bag in the bin. I turned around and looked at her she was just sitting there staring out the window.

'Did I do something?' I asked

'Yeah' she mumbled

'What?' I replied sitting down next to her on the stools, I took her hands but her eyes wouldn't meet mine.

'Why couldn't I come? Why did you do this in secret?'

'It wasn't a secret I was going to tell you tomorrow, I had only thought of it and you were half asleep. So I put you to bed and went since they're only open at night.' I answered

'Don't leave me' she frowned

'Pet I would never'

'No like even then, I want to be around you all the time'

'Okay love, I'll always be by your side' I smiled standing up

'I'm sorry' she panicked standing and putting her hands on my chest.

'For what?' I asked

'For telling you what to do'

'Buffy' I said grabbing her hands 'stop worrying. I love you and I'll be here forever, literally. Now let's go to bed'

'Okay' she smiled 'I love you too' she wrapped her arms around my waist and I wrapped my arms around her neck.

'Forever' she whispered into my chest.