[16] TANGHULU

#11 WISH: jungkook, get me that strawberry candy.

The street was lively. Taehyung and Jungkook had both long forgotten the feeling of strolling down the busy street together.

Back then, they would sometimes sneak out of the palace to watch street performances and munch on street food. It was a memory that both of them treasured deep down in their heart. A small part of them had missed it.

As they were walking, a small stall at the corner had caught Taehyung's eyes.

"Fruit candies! Fruit candies!" The man behind the stall yelled out as he was fanning himself.

"Jungkook," Taehyung tugged on Jungkook's sleeves and pointed to a direction.

"What?"

"Jungkook, get me that strawberry candy."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung, then looked at where he was pointing at.

Jungkook snorted. "How old are you already? You're still-"

Before he could finish his words, Taehyung had already dragged Jungkook towards that stall.

Taehyung's eyes shined when he saw the sugar coated strawberry sticks on display. Jungkook could almost see a golden glow emitting from Taehyung.

"Uncle, please give me this one!" Taehyung said but he was ignored.

That man was looking at Jungkook instead of Taehyung. "Young man, what would you like? We have grapes, tangerines, apples,mangoes-"

"Give me the strawberry one." Jungkook said.

"Alright, comin in a sec!"

That man packed one stick of strawberry candy and handed it to Jungkook. He left some copper coins on the man's palm and walked away.

"Why did you only get one?" Taehyung asked as he eyed the strawberry stick in Jungkook's hand.

"You know I dont like sweet things." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"That's true but why are you not giving it to me?" Taehyung pouted.

Jungkook glared at Taehyung. "If people were to see a floating stick of sugar coated strawberry what would they think? Did you forget that you were a ghost?"

What Jungkook said was right. It would indeed be a trouble.

"Then.. how am I supposed to eat it.." Taehyung fidgeted with his fingers.

Jungkook held the strawberry candy stick close to his lips and slightly tilted it to Taehyung's side.

"Bite it from here."

Taehyung's face flushed red. If he were to bite it from there then wouldn't it be a little too close..

"What? Just bite it."

"O-okay.."

Jungkook was too tall and Taehyung had trouble reaching for the stick. He held onto Jungkook's arms and tiptoed. Jungkook noticed that Taehyung was struggling so he lowered himself a little.

His lips were less than an inch away from touching Jungkook's lips.

Jungkook clearly did not see this coming. He did not expect that Taehyung would be this close to him and faint red blush appeared on his cheeks. For a minute he thought his face was on fire.

He observed Taehyung's plump rosy lips as he tried to bite that strawberry off the stick and he became more flustered.

"Hey! Don't run!"

Two kids were chasing each other and accidentally bumped into Jungkook. Jungkook could not react in time and miserably fell onto Taehyung who was using him as support. The two of them rolled onto the ground with a loud thud.

"Ah-!"

Before Taehyung could wince out in 'pain', he noticed that his lips were already sealed tightly.

Jungkook had accidentally kissed him.

"....?!!!"

The two of them immediately got up and broke free from each other. Both their faces were so red that it was hard to tell them apart from a tomato.

Taehyung panickedly swallowed the strawberry in his mouth while on the other side, Jungkook caressed his own lips and licked them.

"Sweet." He thought.