Chapter 28

Aiden's POV:

With my eyes bulging out of my face when the realization hit, Jailyn who feared to be touched is very gently holding onto my hand. She is using my hand for support how I wished I could just pick her up and let her know I won't ever touch her badly not dare to even think of it. Her hand and fingers are very incredibly small, smaller than I imagined it's so soft and warm. And it just made my blood boil seeing those idiots hit her I got to find out why the hell they pick on Jai.

As I take her to the car and open the door for her I send a message to the group chat

Aiden_7:

We need to meet up at my house. It's serious and I'm about to kill somebody.

👓Specs_Jen👓:

Omw better start boiling the water and spill the tea mf.

Dan17🔥:

Yo what's up? What happened? Does it have to do with the team?

Aiden_7:

No it's much more important.

Least to say my friends were surprised to ever see me type those words but to me, peanut is far more important than any game in my book. We both stayed quiet in the car knowing Jailyn needed some quiet time rather than an interrogation. I could hear her sniffles and pained cries she tried to hold back but couldn't anymore. It pained me to see the cuts and bruises on her body the blood spilling and leaking out from them.

I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled over and turned off the car. I hesitated but I opened my arms and gently offered her what I genuinely wanted to feel and do to her ever since I met her. "If you can and if you really want to princess, I'm here Aiden's here for you, I'm here squirt". My heart dropped seeing the fear in her eyes and press her back into the seat. She looked like a lost puppy or kitten and I didn't like it.

Jailyn's POV:

[ He's just going to hurt you, he faking it. Don't give in. Your pathetic you don't deserve nice touch. Your worthless and unworthy of his care-]

But I w-want to, Aiden wouldn't hurt me right? If he wanted he would've back at the school. He actually cares? I just stared at him while his arms were open I stayed quiet and I blinked breathe being taken from my lungs and my heart skipping a beat, eyes filling with tears.... I got a blurry image of not Aiden but of Eomma...

Eomma was offering a hug to me. I couldn't hold back anymore so I finally did it...

I hugged someone who wasn't eomma. I practically tackled Aiden in his seat, gripped on his shirt, and let all my pain out with the sobs I've held in for so long. I was scared he was judging me but his hug was so warm and gentle and relieving it...

It felt like eomma was hugging me but she didn't smell like her usual sweet lavender and bubblegum scent and wasn't soft nor slim.

Instead it was someone beefed up and smelled like pine cones and the fresh air of an evergreen forest. It felt like...home and I never wanted to leave this warm comforting hug.

Aiden's POV:

My heart was thumping and my face felt warm, I finally did it ' I'M HUGGING JAILYN!!! MY PEANUT MY PRINCESS SHE'S FINALLY COMFORTABLE WITH ME HOLY FUCKING SHIT WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF SO FNSONFEKFNKENFKSJD' I wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste so I held her a little closer and tighter, resting my chin on her head, hushed her gently while rubbing her back gently, and hesitantly to my surprise she leaned in more and her pained sobs slowly stopped turning into little sniffles. I couldn't help but smile knowing she finally and truly felt safe with me enough for me to hold her as she cries.