Chapter 3

Ryujin's POV

The box I kept under my bed peeped, I probably moved it when I tried searching for my slippers. I bring it out to wipe the visible dust on it. It's been so long. My paintings and those empty canvas I kept inside the box still holds the memories.

I looked up to sigh a bit but Yeji's peeking face made my eyes widened. Is she looking at me for too long? Or did I make a sound that annoyed her?

"Why are you looking at me?" I asked.

"Because I heard something down there?" Yeji sarcastically asked so I shrugged. She eventually laid flat on her bed and I can only see a glimpse of her long hair.

"It's already 12 am, why still awake?" I asked, I went to the rooftop to have a bit smoke and I thought she's already sleeping peacefully.

"Just having deep thoughts" she murmured. I pushes the box back before laying my back on my smooth bed. I crossed intertwined my hands and placed it on the pillow before resting my head on it.

"Have you ever fall in love?" I asked, "Feeling butterflies in your stomach and your dark world lights up...like that..." I released a heavy breath.

"I fell in love with a soccer player" her soft chuckle echoed the room, "It's my first time falling in love Ryujin. It's the best feeling I could ever feel. I fell in love with my Senior, he's handsome with a lot of dreams. We're okay but I never thought that he will hurt me. I never thought that someone like him could break my heart. My world stopped moving the time my tears fell because of agony" my heart twitches. Is that the reason why she stopped for years? Did it affect her too much?

"What did he do?" I bravely asked. We barely know each other but it's just the two of us. What if it can help her, right?

"He still love his ex. He broke up with me because he was uncertain while I was certain. He broke up with me because he said I wasn't good enough while he's the best for me. I was a burden for him while he was my inspiration— that's painful because I treated him as my last while he's treating me like a toy" Yeji stated.

"Why did you stop studying for awhile? Is that because of him and not because you couldn't figure out what course would you take?" I asked before getting up.

"He's my first love since I was in 7th grade that's why when he broke my heart I felt so down that I thought I couldn't live as normal as I was before..." she keep on speaking while I was taking my steps up to her ladder, bringing a tissue with a flower design on it. I bought it on the roadside last week because it's cute, I placed it on the nightstand and planned to use it for my own tears but I guess somebody needs it.

"Love makes you strong...but why does it make you weaker..." Yeji murmured and move to the side so I could have more space. I hopped on her bed and sat on the metal guardrail. I'm not good at talking with broken person because I, myself couldn't understand what's breaking inside me.

I cautiously wipes her tears using the tissue that I'm holding, "Still broken? It's been years, I'm jealous now" I joked.

"Stop with your gayness Ryu. I couldn't imagine treating you more than sister" she stated before looking at me. If she's an art— I'm willing to be her artist, her one and only artist. I wish I could take a look at her face for hours and analyze every details of her.

"You will eventually fall for me Yeji" I said.

"I can't stand with your greasiness. I swear, I'm not into girls" she strongly stated.