TWO

The young girl was minding her own business as she walked through out the outer banks of North Carolina, when she heard booming music as she got to side of town that she was familiar with.

"Must be those Pogues." she thought, heading towards the sound.

And just like Kiara Carrera, Iris Stratford came from a rich family, but fit in right with the Pogues. But she never really considered herself a Pogue or a Kook alone, though, everyone saw her as one of those Kooks from the elitist side of town.

And although Iris was only a few years older than the crew, she considered them friends and they did too.

At the tides, the young brunette found the very few of her friends serving drinks at a keg. There was a huge line that she didn't bother having patience for. So instead, she walked up from behind as they continued to serve drinks to the many kids at the party.

"Fancy seeing you guys here." Iris walked up to them, with her hands in her pockets.

The three of them turned around in unison.

"Stratford!" the young blond boy in the muscle tank gasped in excitement, as he went in for an unexpected hug. "You're back! It's been like 4 years since we last saw you."

Startled, Iris hugged back and quickly tried to push him off her right after. "Relax, Marty McFly. I didn't realize we were time travellers. It's only been like 10 months. So, stop being so dramatic, JJ." she said playfully with a smile.

"It's so nice to see you guys again." she said, after a quick pause as she went in for a hug from John B, her old friend with the snapback.

"Us? It's nice to see you again." he said, extending his arms to hug the girl.

"Yeah, we haven't seen you in almost a year. How's Richmond?" the girl Iris had known as Kiara had asked, after going in for the last hug.

"Richmond's great, I guess. But I think the Outer Banks is really the place where it feels like home right now. You know, since I've been homesick for almost everyday for 9 months." Iris shrugged. "Anyways, how have you guys been? Anything big happen?"

"Well, nothing much." John B said. "Just that my dad has been missing for 9 months."

The girl's eyes widened. "What? You're kidding, right?" the three youths shook their heads.

"Nope."

"Holy shit. Well, I'm sorry to hear that." Iris tried her best to sound empathetic, but she wasn't really great at doing so. She has never been able to comfort someone at a loss, it was one of her worst traits.

There was an awkward silence for a few moments until Kie broke it. "Still don't drink, I'm guessing?" she said, holding up a red solo cup she just poured in from the keg.

"Surprisingly, no." Iris politely declined, as she looked around to find an empty spot to sit down nearby. "Guys, if you don't mind, I think I'm just gonna lay low here alone for a while."

"Yeah, no. Go ahead." said John B, as he gestured to wherever.

The young adolescent walked over to an empty area nearby, so that she wouldn't be disturbed by any other person.

As she sat down, Iris reached inside of her backpack for a pack of cigarettes. The young girl had successfully avoided any usage of alcohol, hard drugs and substance abuse, in order to stay clean. But the only thing she had flowing in her her system was tobacco. For 4 years, ever since her mom died when she was 14, Iris had an addiction to smoking, as she believed it would take away her pain and stress.