3|the last airbender

Young Derek was so cute.

Also, I considered doing it in the first book, but didn't, so I'm gonna give it a go in this one: I'm going to do some split perspectives between Riley and Stiles throughout the chapters. It's mainly going to be Riley, but there will be some Stiles perspectives to fill certain plot holes and such. Let me know what you guys think at the end of the chapter!

You're either gonna love it hate what I do at the end of this chapter. I'll explain in Tuesday's chapter why, but please don't jump to any conclusions like character-plot stealing because I've had a lot of this planned since the beginning of Chaos Theory xx

Also the Teen Wolf Reunion just happened and I'm crying, I love them all

Question of the Chapter - Am I the only one who wanted to see even a whole episode of little Derek?

----------

As soon as we got back to Beacon Hills, we dropped Kira and Malia to their homes and then took Derek directly to the animal clinic

Somehow, Kate had de-aged him. I didn't even think that was possible. But then again, a few years ago, I would've said the same about my ability to choke the life out of someone without having to lay a hand on them.

After we laid him down, Deaton stared at him. After a moment, he finally said something. "Wow."

Not exactly reassuring.

"Wow? Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do', kind of wow?" Stiles asked optimistically. "'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

"He's cold," Lydia told us as she held the now young Derek's hand. "Really cold."

After wrapping a blanket around Derek, Deaton began to do a few tests, and Scott looked noticeably worried. "Do you think this is permanent?"

The vet frowned. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

"Okay. Then what do we do? I mean, with him?" I asked, unable to look away from the boy. It was honestly a little spooky.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much," the man admitted. "It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles checked.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

Lydia asked one of the most important questions, "Why would she want to do this to him?"

Deaton didn't look any more confident as he answered. "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."