Chapter 19

We stood in front of the lake, spanning the length of a mile or maybe two. I wasn't good with measurements either.

"So where's this secret headquarters?" Sokka asked, looking around.

"Under the lake I think," Jet said, scratching his head.

"There's a tunnel right there near the shore." Toph pointed to it, and walked over. She stomped on the ground causing a path to rise to the surface. On the end of it was a circular platform, with a stone disk covering something. She moved that aside, revealing a ladder going down into the ground.

"It's all starting to come back to me," Jet says as we walk down the corridor.

We passed by a door cracked open. Inside it was filled to the brim with women. "I'm Joo Dee. Welcome to Ba Sing Se," they all said, in perfect unison. I shuddered, and walked a little faster.

"I think there might be a cell big enough to hold Appa up ahead." He stopped, before a large stone door. "I think it's through here."

We walked through the door, into the dark cavern. Appa was nowhere to be found. Suddenly the door slammed shut behind us, trapping us in and plunging the cave into darkness. Slowly, the lanterns along the wall lit up, illuminating everything. We looked up, seeing several Dai Li agents hanging from the ceiling.

"Now that's something different."

"You have made yourselves enemies of the state. Take them into custody." Long Feng called out to us. The Dai Li dropped down, circling us, and trapping us in.

Two of them launched their stone fists at Toph, who disintegrated them, then launched stone pillars back, sending them flying. Jet cut their stone fists, taking out a few of them. And a few more were dealt with by everyone else, but not before one of them grabbed Sokka, Katara, and I. Toph created a wall, stopping us. She rose up on a cavern pillar, driving them away from us.

I broke the stone hands, rubbing my wrists. "That's gonna bruise."

"Long Feng is escaping!" Aang yelled. I looked over to see him running out of the room, shutting the door behind him. Aang blasted open the door, running after him. Jet and I followed him.

Long Feng led us to another room, shutting the door behind us. "Alright Avatar, you've caused me enough problems. This is your last chance, if you want your bison back," he said, dropping down behind us.

"You do have Appa. Tell me where he is!" Aang yelled, spinning around to him.

"Agree to exit the city now, and I'll waive all charges against you and allow you to leave with your lost pet."

"You're in no position to bargain," Jet said, raising his swords.

"Am I not?" He laughed.

Aang raised his staff up. "You're definitely not!"

"Jet, the Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai."

Jet stopped. "I am honored to accept his invitation." He launched himself at Aang, attacking him.

"Jet, it's me Aang! You don't have to do this." He continued dodging Jet's attacks.

"I'm afraid he no longer has a choice," Long Feng said.

"You are so annoying," I said, grabbing Jet and slamming him to the ground. He kicked me back and got up.

"Oh, and what's a little girl like you going to do?" Long Feng mocked me. I threw out a few fireballs at him, all of which he dodged.

"Jet, I'm your friend! Look inside your heart!" Aang cried out.

"Do your duty Jet," Long Feng said. Jet slowly walked towards Aang, his swords raised.