Chapter 26

The next morning was spent going over the attack on the Fire Nation. Everyone else was wearing their original clothes, while I was stuck with the ones I stole, unfortunately. It was either that or pajamas.

"Top of the morning, Momo!" I looked over to see Aang awake. 

"Sounds like you slept well." 

"Like a baby moose-lion. I'm ready to face the Fire Lord." He got in an attack pose. 

"So what's your strategy for taking him down? Going to get your glow on," she fluttered her fingers in front of her eyes, "and hit him with a little Avatar State action?" She punched the air. 

Aang looked down. "I can't. When Azula shot me with lightning, my 7th chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the Universe." 

"You know what I just heard? Blah blah spiritual mumbo jumbo blah blah something about space." 

"Yea I didn't understand a word of that either." 

I looked back out to the sea, a thick fog was rolling in. "Oh no. Sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?" 

"No, that is the invasion." Five ships appeared out of the fog. Aang and Toph went down to the beach and created docks for them. 

"You made it Dad!" Katara said as she and Sokka ran down and hugged one of them. 

"They're siblings?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise. 

"You didn't know?" 

I shook my head. "No, I just thought they looked alike cause they were from the same place."

"Were you able to locate everyone I told you to find?" I turned back to the three of them. 

"I did. But I'm a little worried, Sokka." He looked behind him as a group of people got off. "Some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type." 

"Whooo-wheee. This place ain't nothing like a swamp." One of the men pointed at a rock. "What'd you reckon that is, Tho? Some sort of exploding Fire Nation exploding trap that would eat ya?" 

"It's just a rock, Due." 

"Well, I'll be." 

"Is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf head?" 

Another man walked over. "I just wish they would wear pants." 

"Pants are an illusion and so is death," said one man, scratching his stomach. 

"I like this one," I said pointing my thumb over to him. A few more people began getting off the ships. 

Katara and Aang talked to a guy named Haru, and his dad. And Toph was busy being reunited with some...friends? Who were now here to help apparently. One of them was very... expressive with his hands. 

Katara and her father walked over to me, ignoring the explosion on one of the boats. "Dad, this is Y/n, our friend." 

"Uh, hi." I awkwardly waved at him. 

"Is she Fire Nation?" He asked, looking down at my clothes. 

"No, but she is a fire bender, she can help." 

He gave her a confused look, for a second. "Well, it's nice to have you on our side." 

I bowed to him, and he walked away. "....I feel like he doesn't like me," I told Katara as soon as he was out of earshot.

"He's just...wary, we need to get you some new clothes is all." 

"Thank the spirits, I hate these clothes. They look nice but red is not a good color to be wearing right now."