This is the Part Where You Run

WELCOME TO THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY LEGACIES FANFICTION

As stated in the bio of the book, I DO NOT OWN LEGACIES, only my character(s)

Think of anything written in BOLD as a voiceover 

ENJOY!! :)

***

Sarah Nightshade, aka Sadie, was not your average girl. She's a blonde 17-year-old with anger problems, but...she's also a hybrid. A mix between werewolf and witch. Much of her past is unknown to her, blocked out by trauma and only appearing in bits in nightmares but certain pieces are starting to make sense. Along with fighting her memories and balancing life as a teenager in a drama centric boarding school, there are new threats coming daily to the Salvatore School in Virginia. Can she keep up? Or will she crumble under pressure? 

***

3rd Person POV

SADIE: The night happened quick...almost in flashes. There's not much I can remember, some psychology thing about trauma getting blocked out. But from what I can remember, this is what happened...even if it is only bits and pieces of the puzzle. Our story starts 5 years ago, on a dark snowy night...

5 YEARS AGO; VIRGINIA - WINTER

A young 12-year-old blonde, Sadie Nightshade, runs through the woods

FLASH

Her hands and legs are covered in blood that isn't her own

FLASH

She looks down at her bare feet that get scraped by the low branches in the woods. Her feet are freezing from the snow, but the adrenaline overrides the feeling of cold

FLASH

She pushes her way through leaves and bushes, trying to get away from what she would glance at from over her shoulder

FLASH

The strange thing about this girl wasn't that she was running away covered in blood...it was that the blood wasn't hers....and her eyes that started glowing a different color than their normal green....

FLASH

The full moon shines above

FLASH

A wolf runs through the bushes

FLASH

The wolf lunges forwards as a high pitched scream echoes through the night

FLASH

Sadie sits up in the snow, her nightgown covered in blood

FLASH

The last thing she saw through the dark snowy night was a blonde man standing there with a red-haired girl who couldn't be much older than Sadie herself

FLASH

She passes out

***

PRESENT DAY

SADIE: My name is Sarah Rose Nightshade, but my pack calls me Sadie -- which is why you'll see both names throughout the story. My job here is to fill in certain pieces for you...think of me as a storyteller. But I can't fill in what I didn't know at the time because that's not how a story goes. We have to start from the beginning, from when I knew barely anything. I had gotten word that there was going to be another wolf joining the pack, so my natural curiosity took over and I wanted to see for myself who it was.

"Welcome to The Salvatore School." Sadie hears Lizzie say as she walks onto the porch. "We're your tour guides."

"I'm Josie." Josie says.