Smile dog

Okie dokie..lez go

••••••••••••

I am.. absolutely in heaven. Pet stores are my favorite place to be, which is why I work at one. Now, you may be questioning, why I love working with the poor animals here, instead of finding a better-paying job.

And the answer is simple, so listen up. I would rather be payed just enough to get by, than see these animals suffer.

So, I work whenever I'm needed, for as long as I'm needed. And I'm payed a fair amount for my work.

But at the current moment it's about...eh..1:47 a.m. and I'm walking home. I know, it's not smart, but my car is in need of repair, so I have no choice.

As I'm passing an alleyway I hear a noise that reminded me of..a dog and a cat fighting. So, me being my animal loving self go to check it out.

I get to where I heard to sound come from, only to find the cat had left. I saw a very..unordinary looking dog. It had a..human smile. I stand there, unsure of what to do.

And then there was no dog. But instead, a human version of it. He walks over to me, slowly though, so he doesn't fall. I take a few steps forward, and good thing I did. After taking several steps, the human-dog trips over his own feet.

I, being only a few steps away, rushed to catch him. I made it, thankfully. However, we both end up falling, him landing on top of me.

He sits up, getting off of me as he does so. I sit up, rubbing my head. He was the first to speak, catching me offgaurd by doing so. "Thanks for attempting to catch me, you didn't have to." He says apologetically.

"I-it's fine..so..what..who are you?" I say, facing him as I speak.
He looks nervous, as if he's not sure how to answer. "I.. I'm smile dog..well..not so much of a dog now but...yea." he looks away from me.

"So..your name is Smile?" I ask, scooting closer to see his features better- cuz I can't see too well in the dark. "Y-yea.. what's yours?" He looks at me again. "I'm (Y/n)." I say, smiling.

"(Y/n) huh...I like it, it's almost as pretty as you." He freezes once he realizes what he said. "I'm..pretty?.." I question, not too sure how to react.

"Y-yea..." It was at this moment that the sky was a stinkin' jerk. Raindrops were starting to fall, and I stood up quickly. He just stayed sitting there. "Do..you have anywhere to go?" I ask, putting my hood on to prevent myself from getting too wet.

"No...but it's fine." I shake my head. "No, it's not, you could get sick.. you can come with me if you want." He looks up at me, shock clearly visible. "Are..you sure?..." I nod. "C'mon." I hold a hand out and he grabs it, pulling himself up. "T-thank you." I nod again and start walking.

            -------time skip--------

So, Smile has started living here..and it's not too bad. Over the past few months we've gotten closer..and I'm not too sure that's a good thing.

I..may or may not have fallen for the half-dog-half-human. I don't show it of course, but hiding it gets harder the longer this goes on.

At the movies we are sitting on my bed watching some random movie he picked out. I was about to fall asleep, due to me having watched this movie several times. It gets boring.

Before I can sleep though, I'm moved. I open my eyes to see Smile had put me in his lap. "Why'd you move me?" I asked sleepily. He hugs me "cuz, no sleeping yet.". Before I can ask why, he leans down and presses his lips to mine.

I kiss back. After a moment though, I have to pull away for the darn stuffs called oxygen. He lays his forehead on mine. "I love you" he says, bringing me closer. "Luvs you" I say back.

He turns off the TV and lays down, still holding me. "Now, we can go to sleep." He says, yawning almost immediately after he finishes. I just nod and snuggle closer, falling asleep soon after.

He kisses the top of my head before slipping into a peaceful slumber.

That was a rather short movie night. But I wouldn't ask for a different ending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty, another one done. What'd ya think?

If you have a specific character you want me to do next, comment 'em, lemme know.

Until next time, baii