Masky

Sorry for the wait!

___________

It's 9:30 p.m. and I'm currently walking to work. I work the night shift at a café. I would drive, but my car broke down last week. Bummer.

I make it to work a little early, but that just gave me time to get everything ready. At 10 p.m. people started showing up. Our café is busier at night than it is during the day. I guess these people are nocturnal.

--Time skip--

It was almost. 3 a.m. and we weren't very busy. Then 3 boys walked in. They looked to be about my age. One of the waiters went to get their orders, and I started making their food. Waffles for one and cheesecake for the other two.

I finished getting their food, and I took it to them. Most of the waiters and waitresses left, and the ones that were still here were busy. I have them their food and left them so they could eat.

After 15 - 20 minutes they came to pay. The waffle boy asked if I wanted to meet up with them and hang out later. I agreed and he gave me his number so I could text him after my shift.

---time skip---

It was 7 a.m. and I just woke up from my hour-long nap. I texted the waffle boy- who told me his name was Toby- and he told me to meet him at the park. I get dressed and grab my bag. I was about to leave when I decided to grab a snack. So I grab one and leave.

I start walking to the park, but I'm pulled into an alley on my way there. "Hey doll." I hear from behind me. "I'm not a doll." I turn and put my back against the wall. "You sure look like one." He was starting to piss me off. "Leave me alone." I say as I start walking away. He grabs me.

"You ain't going nowhere doll face." I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Let her go Jeff." I hear a somewhat familiar voice say. Then one of the guys from this morning showed up. "And why should I you masked freak" 'Jeff' responds.

Before I can register what's happening, Jeff is on the ground, and the masked guy is leading me away from the alley. "U-um...thanks?" I say, but it comes out as more of a question.

"Don't mention it. He's an ass, I knew he would try something if he found you. And my name's Masky." He says, not looking back at me. "O..kay.." I continue walking behind him.

After a little more walking we make it to the park and Masky leads me over to Toby and the guy in the yellow hoodie. Masky told me his name was Hoodie. Toby sees us and starts waving.

"Hey Toby." I say as he hugs me. "Hi! W-what happened? Masky l-looks grum-grumpy." Toby says, pointing at Masky. "When does he not look grumpy?" Hoodie says. Me and Toby giggle at his comment, while Masky glares at him.

We all sit down for a bit and catch up. Masky told them about Jeff attacking me. They discussed amongst themselves whilst I looked at the sky. I almost fell asleep. Almost. "(Y/n)!" Masky yells, making me jump. "Y-yea?" I ask, clearly startled.

The three of them look at each other, before nodding. "We have something we need to tell you.." Hoodie starts. "And we n-need to know tha-that you won't tell any-anyone." Toby continues. "I won't.." I say, slightly scared.

_-_-TIME SKIP Y'ALL-_-_

"So... you're all murderers?.." I ask. "Yes." Masky answers. " And you work for a tall thing named Slenderman..?" I continue. "Mhm." Was Toby's response. I took a few moments to process the information I had been given.

I took a deep breath. "Okay.." they looked at me, confused. "Okay?" They all asked at once. "Mhm." I answered. But then I froze. "Is that him?" I ask, looking at the tall figure hidden in the trees.

They all look to see what I mean. "Shit." Masky said. "Yea, that's him alright." Hoodie says. "C'mon. He wants to meet you." Masky says, holding out a hand. I take it, hesitantly. The other two get up and walk in front of us.

Once we make it to the woods, Slenderman leads us deeper into them. We stopped at an empty field. My mind started getting fuzzy.

I don't remember anything after that.

_____

I wake up with a headache. I sit up and open my eyes. I'm in an unfamiliar room, but somehow I know where I am.

Slender mansion.

I don't know how I got here, or when. I don't even know how I know this place. I get up slowly, trying not to fall. I'm able to make my way over to the door, and by that point I can walk normally.

I open the door and see a long hallway. I'm at the very end of it. Through a doorway to my left I see a staircase going up. There's one to my right aswell, but it's going down.

I take the stairs going down. I get down the stairs and I'm in a living area. The front door is on the other side of the room, and there's a kitchen connected to it.

There's several people in the living area, and they all turn to look at me. I recognize one of them to Toby, and another as Jeff. Toby jumps up from the floor to hug me. "Y-you're awake!" He yells as he hugs me.

"Well, I'm not dead. Yet anyways." I say, quietly, knowing that I'm in a room full of killers and one wrong move could probably get me killed. "None of them will-ill hurt you. We-well, they might try, b-but they wo-won't get f-far." He says happily.

"What makes you say that?" I question. "Hm? O-oh! Masky's been real protec-protective of you. He won't-won't admit it, but I think he li-likes you." He says. "Why would he like me?" I ask, more to myself than to anyone else.

"How the hell would we know?" Says a slightly familiar voice. I look up and see that Jeff had decided to join our conversation. "He's probably a softie for weaklings." Jeff states, and the look in his eyes tells me that he's not happy that Masky savede from him.

"Back off Jeff." Everyone turns to the kitchen, where Masky's leaning against the doorway. "Tsk." Was all I heard from Jeff before he stomped upstairs. I heard a door slam, and I guessed he had probably gone to his room.

I walk over to the kitchen and sit down at the table. "So, you're finally up." Masky states. "Noo. I died in my sleep." I joke. "Haha very funny." He rolls his eyes. "I know, I'm hilarious." I say as I lay my head on the table.

"You ok?" He asks as he sits next to me. "I'm fine." I answer. We sit in silence for a moment. "C'mon." He says, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the stairs. "Where are you taking me?" I ask sleepily.

He chuckles a bit. "You tired?" He questions as he continues dragging me. "Dumb question." I reply as we stop in front of a door. He opens it and takes me inside. "This is my room." I look around as he talks to me.

He grabs some clothes before heading for the bathroom. "I'm gonna go change. Don't go through my stuff." He orders before closing the door.

Tempting.

But instead I sit on his bed and wait for him to get done. I wait for what felt like forever, but was only a max of like five minutes. I roll around on his bed cuz I can.

He walks in before I realize it and he just stares at me. "What the hell..." I look over at him and sit up. "U-um..." I look away.

"I won't ask."

He climbs under the blankets and lays down facing me. "Do you want me to leave?.." I ask. "No." He grabs me. "O..kay.." I give him a confused look.

"Sleep with me." I feel my eyes go wide, and I can guess that my face probably looks like a tomato. "U-um.." he realized what he said. "I didn't mean it like that! I just meant there isn't anywhere else for you to really go so you can just stay here."

I crawl under the blankets and just accept his answer. I didn't realize how tired I was.

_-_-_-_-_-_-

I fixed it, it isn't as good but it's less awkward.