6 - Malfoy Manor and all the family burden

After the match the Malfoys and Albus flew to Malfoy Manor on their broomsticks. They could have used any other means of transport, but the boys begged the Malfoy parents to let them fly. Since the grandparents didn't live too far away from the house of the family, they allowed them to use the brooms. When they arrived Albus was completely amazed by the enormous house. Atoria must have seen that on his face, because she started to laugh.

- It's okay, Al. I felt the same when I first saw this. Most of the times it feels like I'm in a museum, when I'm here. I got drunk several times with the Malfoys, but every other time I felt like I shouldn't touch anything because if it gets broken the world ends.

- But it doesn't – Scorpius rolled his eyes. – Last year I broke a precious vase, and granny didn't even notice it. When I told her she asked where that was at all. Let's go inside, shall we? They must be waiting for us.

He was right, Lucius and Narcissa waited them with lots of cookies, drinks and fancy food. Albus loved how his mother cooked, but he never have tasted caviar before and he found it extremely funny. The grandparents of Scorp were really nice to him, but he couldn't help thinking that Lucius tried to kill his mother. 

He felt guilty about it, because he really was one of the nicest men he ever met, but still, he knew. He thought that he could not share this thought with anyone, not even with Scorp, he was his grandfather, after all. The last thing Albus wanted to do was to hurt any of the Malfoys, including Lucius, because they were the greatest people he ever met, besides his own family. However, it seemed that someone understood every thought of his. After dinner, Astoria drew him aside and smiled at him.

- You hate him, don't you?

In the first moment Albus thought of pretending not to understand what she was talking about, but when he looked into the woman's eyes he knew there was no use.

- Are you using legilimency? – he asked suspiciously.

- No – Astoria laughed and fondled his hair. – I just know how it feels to be here for the first time. And I know he tried to kill your mother. Well, he didn't try to kill mine, but I knew he was a bad man, when I first met him.

- Should I run, or what? – Albus smiled back. Somehow he knew he could trust Scorpius' mother. He only spent 2 days at her house but she seemed to be the best mom ever, and she was nice to Albus without making him feel awkward. He loved her from the very first moment.

- If you feel like – Astoria shrugged. – But do you really think he is a bad person?

- Not really – Albus said unsteadily. – I just know he is. I always knew. It's strange to be in his house and he is so nice to me... but I know he tried to kill mum.

- Must be hard – Astoria sighed. – If you want to leave, we can. It was Scorp's idea to come here while you are staying at ours, but we don't have to stay here. If you want to go home, just tell me.

- No, it's okay – the boy shook his head. He remembered why they were there: they had to find something about that book they found in the Chamber of Secrets. – It's just strange, because he is nice. It would be more normal if he acted evil. I mean, I know he is family for you, but... I could imagine Scorp having an evil grandfather. He doesn't have to be evil just because of it.

- That's true – the woman smiled. – You're really as clever as you are said to be. Scorp sometimes says you should be in Slytherin.

- He always tells me I'm a Gryffindork – Al rolled his eyes.

- Anyway, Lucius' father really was a bad man. He must have been like Vince Goyle's father, I heard he is violent to Vince. And Lucius is the first one in the family who is not like that. It wasn't easy for him and he made some wrong choices. But he is a good man, and I'm certain he never meant to kill you mother. I'm not saying you have to like him and you still can tell us to go home in any minute. But I judged him before really getting to know him and I stil regret it. I saw he was nice but I stuck to the idea of him being evil.

Al Potter and the Chamber of Secretsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें