11 - Haunted by the past

- Well done, Malfoy – Goyle smiled. Albus felt that Scorpius was shaking besides him. He took his hand. – I'm really proud, you found a way to find all the mudbloods in this damned school and bring them down here. I have no idea how you finished them off, but it looks like a good job. You really want daddy to live, don't you? But a simple Avada Kedavra would have done, if you only wanted to kill these mubloods just because I told you that I will kill your father if you don't. I know you are fascinated by the Dark Arts. Admit it, son, you enjoyed killing them.

- Go to hell – Cyrill whispered with disgust in his voice. – I did it because I wanted to save my family. Now I'm done. Let me go.

Scorpius couldn't stand on his own feet anymore, Albus had to hold him, but he didn't say a word. Goyle stared at Cryill for a while, then nodded.

- Okay, you did what you promised me to do. You can leave. But if you tell anyone about this, your whole family is dead.

- He is lying – the woman said suddenly.

- What?! – asked Goyle and Cyrill at the same time. Goyle seemed confused, while Cyrill was clearly scared.

- You are lying – the woman smiled at Cyrill with a smile almost as cold as Voldemort's used to be. – We both know these children are not dead. You may have not inherited your fathers talent, or you just don't know how to use occlumency, but I can see every thought of yours. I can read your scared little mind as an open book. Gregory, he pretends to have killed these mudbloods in order to save his father. I don't know the spell, he learnt it from a book, and he is scared to death that he didn't succeed and they may be really dead. But he wanted them to look like dead, while they are unharmed, am I right, Malfoy?

Cyrill didn't answer.

- Finite incantatem – the woman raised his wand and the vision disappeared. The children were lying on the floor, unconscious but completely unharmed.

- So you wanted to trick me, didn't you? – Goyle asked. Albus would have started to laugh if he wouldn't have been shocked. It seemed unbelievable that someone could be that stupid. It was obvious that Cyrill wanted to trick him. – You wanted to save daddy without having to kill? A good boy always plays by the rules, Malfoy. Your father caused the death of my best friend. You have to kill all these mudbloods to compensate me. Now, here, in front of me, do it! If you don't, your family is dead.

Suddenly they all heard noises from the direction of the tunnel and a second later Neville Longbottom, Harry and Ginny Potter and Draco and Astoria Malfoy rushed into the hall. Al pushed Scorpius to the wall in order not to be in their way.

- Stop it, Goyle. It wasn't my fault. – Draco said calmly.

- Expelliarmus! – Mrs. Goyle screamed and Draco's wand landed in her hand. She pointed at Cyrill with her own one. – If someone even tries to disarm me or my husband I kill the kid.

Noone moved. Albus and Scorpius were holding each other's hands under the cloak and they almost could hear the adults thinking. Al knew that not even his parents would risk Cryill's life with not doing what the woman said, and he was certain that the Malfoys never would.

- This is not what you said last time – hissed Goyle, pointing at Draco with his wand and turned back to Cyrill. – Kill the kids, now! If I count to 3 and you still haven't killed anyone, I will kill your father. Do it! One... two...

Cyrill didn't move, he only swallowed his tears without giving any sound at all.

- Do you want me to kill your father, Malfoy?! – Goyle shouted. – Would you let me kill him instead of these children?! Would you rather watch me kill him than to kill these kids who mean nothing to you?!