9 - Muggleborns

Lily Potter cried when his brother got on the Hogwarts Express in January. The time he spent at home wasn't enough for her. They only had a few days to enjoy together, because on all the other days of the holiday either Scorpius was at the Potters' or Albus was away from home to spend time at the Malfoys'. Lily couldn't completely enjoy when the boys were at theirs, because all she could see were Scorpius' bright blue eyes. 

She was certain that if their parents let Albus to be best friends with a Malfoy they would allow her to marry him. All she had to do was to make him fall for her. Which, of course, was a much harder thing to do than it sounds, considering that Lily didn't dare to say a word when Scorpius was present. This caused that she didn't even spoke to his own brother almost during the entire holiday. No wonder she felt that she can't stand him going back to the school and leaving her alone again.

Albus was sad about having to leave his sister at home, but he was too excited about the things they planned to do with Scorpius to think about her too much. He would have taken her with them if he could have, but it was obviously impossible.

The two boys were planning to go down to the Chamber on the second night of the new term. They thought that the evil guy (or girl) surely will go down at the first night so maybe it was gonna be less dangerous at the second. But things didn't happen like they were planning them.

On the second day 27 students didn't arrive to the Great Hall to have breakfast. Noone knew where they have gone, some of them weren't in their bed in the morning, others started to go to have breakfast but never arrived. Albus was completely confused, he wanted to talk to Scorpius immediately, but they had to sit at different tables. Al wantd to finish his breakfast as soon as possible, so he started to eat right after he arrived, when a really unusual thing happened. His brother sat down next to him and started to talk to him.

- Was it one of your Slytherin friends? Was it Malfoy?

- What exactly are you talking about, my dear brother? – Albus asked calmly, but raised his eyebrow.

- The people who disappeared – James explained. – They were all muggleborns. You weren't at home during the holidays, mum and dad were whispering at nights about new danger, and that the Death Eaters might return. It must have been them. But I'm gonna find out who did this. And if it was Malfoy, I will kill him. Just like dad would do.

- You're crazy, James – Albus was deeply disgusted. – Scorpius is 11 and he would never hurt anyone. You're sick, you know. But what do you mean they were all muggleborns?

- Like I said – James rolled his eyes. – They were all muggleborns. Noone was half- or pure-blood. And I don't know about any more muggleborns, so it seems that all muggleborns in the school disappeared.

- That's impossible – Albus whispered, then suddenly stood up and left his breakfast there. – Gotta talk to Scorpius.

He rushed to the Slytherin table and put his hand on Scorpius' shoulder. He didn't say a word, but it was enough for Scorpius just to look at his face. He nodded, stood up and they both left the Great Hall.

- They were all muggleborns – Al whispered as they crossed the Entrance Hall. – Someone made all the muggleborns disappear. And my parents know about Death Eaters returning. We were so stupid not telling them about this!

- But it's too late now, isn't it – Scorpius asked. – There is no other way, Al. This time I'm not afraid to admit, that I'm scared to death, but we have no choice. We have to go down to the Chamber.