p r o l o g u e [part I]

-third person-
Shoto held onto his mother's hand as he glanced around in awe at the park he was in.
It was the first time that four year old Shoto had ever seen a park, and he was enjoying his time greatly.
Just then, a couple strolled past him, eating something in hand.
"Okaasan, what are they eating?" He asked.
Todoroki Rei turned to look at the couple and replied, "Ooh, crêpes. There's probably a shop selling those around here."
Shoto's eyes lit up at the thought of eating one of those delicious desserts. "Why don't we find the shop? I'll buy you one if you manage to find it!" Rei suggested upon noticing his eager eyes.
After strolling around the park for another hour, there was still no sight of a crêpe shop. Dejected, Shoto and his mother began to walk towards the exit, when excited shouts made them turn around.
"Crêpes for sale! Papa sells crêpes nearby, come buy some crêpes! They're the most delicious ones you'd ever find! Crêpes for saleee!"
The shouts came from a girl who looked around Shoto's age. Her pale brown hair swayed in the wind when her emerald green eyes caught Shoto's heterochromic ones.
She bounded over to him. "HEY HEY HEY! Your eyes are really pretty!" She grinned, causing Shoto to blush and hide behind his Mother.
"Ara ara, don't be shy," Rei told Shoto, patting his head.
"YOUR PRETTY!" The girl exclaimed, pointing at Rei with stars in her eyes.
"Oh my, thank you dear. You said your father sells crêpes, right? Could you lead us to him? We would love some crêpes!"
The girl smiled wider and urged them to follow her. As they walked through the park, the girl began to tell them stories of her crêpe cooking adventures. "...and then after that, nii-chan flipped it too high and it got stuck to the ceiling!" She recounted, giggling.
Soon, they reached their destination. It was a modest pale pink van with the words "Snow Flower Crêpes" printed on the side in black. The van had an open counter on the side facing them, and a middle aged man was happily handing out crêpes to a couple.
"Papa! I found more people who want crêpes!" The girl yelled as she ran behind the van to get to her father.
"Oya? That's great, my little sunshine. What can I get you?" He asked, directing his question to Rei.
"Ne, Shoto, which one would you like?" She asked her son. Shoto frowned and replied, "the chocolate banana one looks nice...but I want to try the cheese one too..."
The man in the van grinned. "You know what, I'm in a good mood today, so I'll give you both! The chocolate banana one is on the house!"
As he prepped the crêpes, the girl began to chat with the Todorokis.
"Hi, my name is Hikari! Yukihana Hikari! Nice to meet you! What's your name?" She asked Shoto.
"Sh-Shoto. Todoroki Shoto. N-Nice to meet you too..." Shoto replied.
"How old are you?"
"I'm five..."
"HEY ME TOO WE'RE THE SAME!"
As the two kids continued to talk, Hikari's father asked Rei, "Todoroki? As in Endeavor?" Rei flinched and nodded. "Yes. He's my husband, and Shoto's father."
They continued to watch the two children interact as they waited for the crêpes to cook.
Noticing Rei's change in expression, he commented light-heartedly, "well, I personally never liked Endeavor all that much. Great hero, yes, but he tends to destroy things a lot."
He chuckled. "My son thinks so too. He says he would definitely fail any stealth mission."
Rei laughed. "Indeed. So you have a son as well?"
Yukihana Kaen puffed out his chest and put his hands on his hips, flashing a wide smile. "He's 16 this year and a first year in UA."
"UA? The school where people become good heroes?" Shoto asked.
"Yeah! Nii-Chan got admitted this year! He's intar-inteer-intern-ning with a hero called Eraser Head now!" Hikari replied proudly.
Shoto's eyes widened in admiration. Just then, Kaen handed two crêpes to the Todorokis.
"And here are your crêpes! Cooked to the perfect temperature with my quirk!"
Shoto glanced at his crêpes and took a bite out of the cheese one.
"Oi-Oishi!" He exclaimed. "Okaasan, try this! It's really good!"
Rei chuckled. "Alright, Shoto. But we should get going soon. Your father......will start wondering where you've gone to."
Shoto's face fell. "O-Ok..." he mumbled.
Hikari pouted. "So soon?" She whined. "But I just made a friend!"
"A f-friend?" Shoto repeated in surprise.
Hikari nodded. "I'll see you again soon, right? We can meet here since Chichi's van is always parked here."
Shoto smiled. A friend. He had made a friend. He nodded vigorously.
"Yeah! We'll definitely meet again!"

"Ah! Sho-kun! We're in the same elementary school!"
"Ah, Hikari-chan! I guess we are!"

"SHO-KUN! SHO-KUN!"
"What is it, Hikari-chan? H-Hey, don't jump on me!"
"Sho-kun I got my quirk!"

A/N: yo I'm not dead somehow. the past few weeks have been absolute torture but anyway here's the first chapter :) kinda crappy I know, sorry about that. if u have any feedback do feel free to comment! thanks for reading
-Kawaki