p r o l o g u e [part II]

-Third person-
Yukihana Hikari!

Quirk: Player One.

She sees the world as if it is a game, including everybody's statistics!

A/N: it's kinda like how people see in Sword Art Online

"Woah, Hikari-chan, sugoi! That's so cool! I wonder when I'll get my quirk..." Shoto told her quietly. It was currently lunch period, and the two were sitting underneath a tree behind the school.

Hikari smiled at her best friend. "I'm sure you'll get it soon! We're already 6 after all!" Shoto smiled back.

"OH YEAH! My quirk lets me see the statistics of other people as well. Well, only their health bar, stamina bar and level if I click on them. It's really cool!"

Shoto raised an eyebrow. "See the statistics? How does that work?"

Hikari furrowed her brows before snapping her fingers. "You know that anime that we saw while walking to the park the other day? The one where they got trapped in a video game? I look at the world like that now!"

Shoto nodded eagerly. "Then...what are my statistics?"

Hikari hovered her hand in front of her face, poking the air in front of her as if it were a touch-screen panel. Her eyes widened in awe as she told him, "SUGOI! Your statistics are really high! Higher than some of the 8 year olds even! Your parents must train you really well, huh?"

Shoto lowered his eyes as he recalled the previous day's training. "Y-Yeah..."

The pair locked eyes with each other, Shoto flashing a small grin while Hikari gave him a huge smile in return.

---

"Get up."

Shoto hugged his stomach as he reeled from the blow his father just dealt. He had just gotten his quirk the day before.

Half-cold half-hot. It was exactly what his father wanted from him.

"I said get up. You'll never surpass All Might at this rate. Pathetic."

Shoto slowly started to get up to continue training. I haven't even told Hikari-chan that I got my quirk yet, he thought to himself.

---

"T-THAT'S SUCH A COOL QUIRK!" Hikari remarked with starry eyes.

It was lunch break once again, and the pair sat at their usual spot beneath the tree behind the school.

Shoto nodded slightly in acknowledgement. "Thanks."

Noticing his quieter demeanour, she whispered into his ear, "is it your father again?"

Being best friends for a year, Shoto had decided to trust Hikari with the truth of how his father actually trained him. His lack of response confirmed her suspicions.

Hmm, how do I cheer him up? Hikari thought to herself. An idea popped into her head.

"Ne, Sho-kun, I was playing with my quirk the other day and realised that I had weapons as part of my quirk! I'm at a really low level so the weapons aren't dangerous at all! Could you use your ice quirks to make some targets for me? I wanna show you!" She said.

Curious about this new development, he proceeded to stand up before shooting a few jagged pieces of ice into the air.

Hikari's eyes glowed emerald as she reached out from behind her, a silver bow materialising. It seemed as if the air was glitching as she drew her bow, a silver arrow appearing as well. She took aim and fired the arrow, the arrow suddenly bursting and hitting all the targets.