Married with Guns and Ammo (Unknown Author)

Married With Guns & Ammo || Clintasha

------

Ah, the married life. It was nice to have some peace and quiet, after so many years filled with violence and killing. It's not that Natasha disliked her job. In fact, she loved her job but sometimes she just wished she had some downtime for herself. Tasha time. Now finally, it's been 20 years since the battle with Loki in New York City, and Tasha had been experiencing what normal people experience: a job (that doesn't require a handgun, or using her specific "skill" set), kids, and of course, a husband.

Clinton Barton. Natasha never expected to marry... Ever. She never considered herself the marrying type. Even when she first met Clint on their first assignment together, she wasn't a big fan of his sarcasm and humor. But when he saved her life in Budapest, things changed. Not exactly romantically (well, not for her anyway), but she owed him her life and ever since then, she made it her mission to make sure that no harm ever came his way. After everything that happened prior to the Loki incident, when Natasha thought that she had lost Clint forever, she realized that she felt something more for this man than just a debt. The two of them rode off into the sunset together (figuratively, of course) after they sent Loki packing, and they've been inseparable ever since.

Things have been quiet for the past 20 years, and the Barton family was happy. But for the past few months, Natasha has been itching for a fight, just something to satisfy her fix for violence. Little did she know, her wish was going to come true very soon...

"Mmhmm. Got it. I'll wake up Clint now."

Natasha snapped her cell phone shut, hanging up with Fury. He wanted her and Clint to come and meet with him to discuss business. No details were given over the phone, Fury made it clear that it was not safe to discuss anything where the phone could be tapped. He had asked to meet with them at the Starbucks down the street from the Barton residence in thirty minutes. Natasha climbed onto the California king bed that she shared with her husband, where he still lay sleeping. Checking the clock on her nightstand, she read the time out loud,

"6:28... Ah.. sorry Barton. I know you hate waking up early."

Nudging him gently with her arm, she leaned over to place a chaste kiss on his cheek before resting her chin on his chest.

"Rise and shine, Hawkeye. We've got a mission to discuss with dear ol' Fury."