n.p. - father

summary: neil and keating!reader are studying together when mr. perry comes to visit. mr. perry cannot decide if he likes you or not.

this is completely just to give me a wholesome feeling, nothing mr. perry does is in his actual character arc but i need him to be nice for now.

warnings: angry mr. perry, breakup, crying. (i tried to make mr. perry a little nicer)

neil sat with a book in his lap, while he was extremely intelligent he did need help with a few things. your father, john keating, offered your assistance since he knew that you and neil were an item. he was focused on a line in his current reading, hamlet. you had given him your copy which made him more motivated to enjoy it. 

"you annotate what you read, don't you?"

he questions, looking over the markings that you had made in the book. 

"well, yes. it helps me better understand what is going on when i read." neil only smiles at you, causing a red tint to come across your cheeks. while he began reading to you again, mr. nolan's voice came from behind you. 

"mr. perry, come with me." 

you stand up and follow him, smiling politely at mr. nolan.

"yes, sir?" 

"your father is here to speak with you. he is in my office." the pair walk away as you excuse yourself to find your father. 

you knew neil's relationship with his father but would never put yourself in the situation without being invited. as you round the corner, your father is making his way back to his classroom. instead of saying anything, you decide to sneak up on him. your relationship with your father was far better and healthier than others, he was always your best friend but still yet stern. when you got behind him, he turned. somehow knowing you were already there. 

"ah, sweetheart. where've you been?" a grin makes its way onto both of your faces, holding back laughter.

"i've been with neil. he's been reading hamlet so i stayed with him." 

"-and where is mr. perry now?" 

"that's the issue. mr. nolan took him away to talk to his father." 

your father's facial expressions softened, feeling bad for neil. anyone with a heart knew that mr. perry was doing more harm than good when it came to raising his son. but again, you'd never get between them. 

"poor boy. i cannot imagine what you'd feel if i did that to you." 

"i'd be very angry with you, that's for sure." 

while the two of you talked, there was a knock on the door. your father made his way to let whoever in while you took your spot out of the way. on the other side of the door were three gentlemen.mr. nolan, mr. perry, and neil.mr. nolan let himself in, smiling at your father. 

"miss keating. nice to see you again."

you smiled then glancing over to the man you'd never met but only heard of.

dead poets society imaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara