t.a. - poem

summary: short drabble with no real ending for our favorite boy

warnings: wholesome todd anderson♡

"todd? are you even listening?" you say, snapping your fingers in front of him. it was clear that he wasn't, his eyes were directed towards the window. 

with a groan, you draw him out of his daze. he looks up with a smile, completely oblivious to what was going on. you'd been reading out of a book, trying to help him write poems for mr. keating's class. he wasn't exactly motivated to do anything due to having to read the poem aloud, but you were trying to give him a boost. 

"what did i just say?" 

"what do you mean?" 

"i was speaking to you for a good 3 minutes but you never responded."

his face showed he was clearly confused. deciding to let it go and not add to his stress, you move on to help him again. 

"what do you want to write about, dear?" 

he shrugs, todd was never much help. he was always too nervous that he didn't have good ideas when in reality, they were perfect. 

"what about life? or maybe-"

"you." 

"me?"

he nods, smiling. in the past three months of your relationship, he developed more confidence when it came to flirting. he was getting pretty good at making you blush and look like a complete fool in front of your friends. 

"it would be romantic."

"todd, when neil asks about our relationship you panic. now you're telling the whole class?"

"i have to read my poem either way, why not tell the world how much i love you?"

"very bold move, anderson. but quick question, does that mean you're admitting to me, your girlfriend, that neil perry really is your world?" 

he playfully rolled his eyes, trying not to laugh at you. you, on the other hand, were cackling, you were convinced in the beginning that todd had a crush on neil rather than you. 

"will you stop talking and help me write?" 

"you want me to tell you what to say about me?"

"i thought you'd at least help." 

"it's about me know, it is weird if i told you what to say about me."

"well, what are you writing about?"

"i hadn't thought about it."

"we can write about each other."

"is this a ploy for me to give you ideas based off my poem?"

"of course not!"

you could only roll your eyes, todd wasn't a great liar but he thought he was.

"fine, we can write about each other. but you aren't listening to mine until class!"

todd's expression dropped, which was quite amusing. he seemed genuinely upset with the idea but didn't argue. 

"are you serious?"

"as ever." 

"fine, but you gotta leave. i gotta think."

"you have to think?" 

"yeah. that's how you write poems."

"you mean your love for me isn't natural so you have to think about why you care?"

"get out," he giggles, "you know i love you." 

giggling back and packing your things into your bag, "i'll see you later. meet me at my room tomorrow morning." 

you give him a small peck on the cheek and make your way out the door.