Why do we feel fear?

I realized is this how the human brain works?
If something left is untouched it only makes us curious. Just like the dream where everything is covered with mystery. I know it is all a dream but my heart wants to uncover it.
As I looked up, some of my classmates were playing football, some of them were chatting, others were running.
They all enjoyed every moment of happiness they got, but if they were in fear of the same amount of duration but I suddenly realised that there is no such thing as "There is no such thing that I fear."

There is at least something we are all afraid of whether a scold from our moms, afraid of upcoming exams, being broken, melting ice creams, Afraid of weird insects, snakes, being lost, natural disasters, and much, much more. I would never fear what I meant was of my abandoned feelings, I didn't want them to crawl on my head for long.
Humans only fear from darkness, Loud noise, and falling right from when they are born others are just additional fears.
I fear to be alone, to get forgotten.
But why do we feel fear? What's the significance of that?
"Mr Walter is asking us to go back to class." A boy screamed from the far end of our school ground. Which interrupted me from my deep thoughts.
I rose up and went back to class as the next class was soon going to start.

After school, I was exhausted and what I needed to do is just to sleep after reaching home.
When I woke up I noticed it was dark already and I was sleeping for three hours.
"A BROKEN WINDOW!" I screamed being horrified. I suddenly realized I was not in my room. I was in the same place, that same dimmed lighted room with the open almirah and a broken window. I was in my dream but it felt real as if I'm really here. But I wasn't holding that white paper.
"What is happening? Am I living in my fears? This is what I fear, to be alone, being abandoned and here I am all by myself."