Chapter 14 - Glow

Aizawa blinked groggily as he awoke, staring at the ceiling above him

Aizawa blinked groggily as he awoke, staring at the ceiling above him. He grinned as he glanced over at Evelyn who was breathing softly, still asleep. Her golden hair lay softly around her like a halo. Hesitantly, he held his hand upward, reaching to brush away the hair before freezing.

"Don't pretend like you're asleep," He mumbled before pulling away. "Or else I'm going to have to find a way to make you wake up." He spoke the last line with a smirk, quirking his eyebrow.

Evelyn's eyes opened and Aizawa's breath hitched as she stared back at him, taking in his warmth despite not holding him. Her eyes trailed down his chest with a grin. Those warm caramel eyes. 

"I don't remember leaving this much hickeys but I'm not mad about it."

Aizawa snorted before watching her. "You're my favorite," He hummed. Evelyn blinked.

"What?"

"My favorite eyes to look into." A deep red flush found its way to Evelyn's face. "My favorite name to see on my phone. My favorite person to talk to. Fill in the blank, you're my favorite for everything."

Evelyn let out a whine before hiding under the covers trying to escape the compliments. She peaked upward after a few seconds of silence, the red still flooding her face.

"You're my favorite too."

Aizawa grinned and Evelyn's heart melted. Internally, she committed the image to heart, hoping that she would be able to see it more often. Her heartbeat erratically against her chest to the point she had to clutch her hands against it to stop the pain. The emotion was so overwhelming.

"Let me take you on a date."

Evelyn's soft smile widened into a giddy grin. "A date?"

He hummed in confirmation. "Look, Eve." Her eyebrow quirked at the nickname, but she didn't stop him. "I really like you. I don't want this to just be some hit-and-run thing. I want to do it right. Please."

Evelyn reached upward, mindlessly thumbing the scar under his eye. She frowned at it before remembering the question.

"Okay."

Aizawa pulled her inward, pressing his bare body against hers before giving her a soft kiss.

She pulled away, pecking him on the nose. "Alright, up and at em." She kicked her legs over the side of the bed as she slipped out of bed.

Aizawa stared at her before groaning. "Can't you wait five more minutes?!"

"She peeked from behind the door. "Five minutes will quickly become five hours. I need a shower anyway."

He whined before throwing his arm over his face. She disappeared and the familiar sound of the shower starting reached his ears.

Aizawa grinned. He was happy. No, he was giddy. God, she was so perfect. Internally, he wondered how she could be so strong. How after two failed relationships, she still had love to give. And to give it to him of all people. He quickly sat up, before dialing a phone number.

"Dude, are you really going to call me right after?" Hizashi's voice filtered through. "How good was she?"

"That's not information for you," Aizawa said bluntly. "Anyways, I want to take her on a date so..." His voice trailed off, not wanting to admit it.

"You need my help?!" Yamada squealed before clearing his throat. "Of course, of course. But first I want a thank you."

Aizawa's brows furrowed. "For what?"

"For getting you guys together, of course!" Aizawa pulled the phone away from his ear, wincing at Hizashi's loud tone. "And Muri."

Aizawa sighed before pinching his nose. "No."

"Shota~" Hizashi whined, trying to milk it.

Aizawa hung up. His phone rang and he sighed before answering it again.

"Fine, fine. You don't have to say thank you." Hizashi sulked. "I'll help. I'm going to visit in an hour and a half. Be decent."

Shota rolled his eyes at his best friend before smiling. "Yeah, okay."

----

Hizashi Yamada knew exactly what Shota Aizawa was feeling.

Since they were in high school, he had to put an obscene amount of effort to tell what his best friend was feeling. It wasn't Shota's fault he was bad at expressing himself. It wasn't his fault he had a dead-beat dad who made him like he is. Yamada had accepted that his friend just didn't like being vulnerable. Seeing him interact with Evelyn... it was a different person. He didn't know who was in front of him.

Part of him felt jealous. That this woman could just waltz into Shota's life and make him open up so easily. That she did something in a few months that he hadn't been able to do in fifteen years.

And yet, he was glad.

He was so grateful that his friend had finally found someone to turn to, to open up to. He watched the way that Shota glanced at her as she made breakfast. The tiniest smiles when she made eye contact. He watched as she pinched Shota's cheek, Hizashi's eyes widening at the genuine smile that crossed his friend's face.

Thank you, Evelyn.

Thank you for letting Shota be happy. 

A/N: Thank you guys so much for 2k reads!! I'm so extremely grateful! I wanted to give you guys a short, fluffy chapter because the next arc might be a little angsty. 😔 It'll get better though. 

Probably.

Hopefully.

Anyways, thank you all! Have a wonderful day/night, stay hydrated, and try and stay happy! 

Sincerely,

Rae