Chapter 18 - New trials

Evelyn winced as she sat on the stretcher, quiet as the medic checked her over

Evelyn winced as she sat on the stretcher, quiet as the medic checked her over. The bullet graze and stab wound had been patched. She gave a grateful nod to the healer before slipping off and stumbling over to Aizawa who was relatively unharmed and talking with the detective.

She blinked in pain, her feet bare against the debris-covered floor after she slipped her heels off.

Damn, this was a nice dress too. Evelyn mulled as she stared down at the now torn gown. Aizawa glanced up at her and held out his hand. She blinked before grasping onto it gently. Evelyn squeaked as Aizawa pulled her into a hug, pressing her against his chest.

His chest rumbled as he continued to speak with the detective, who was clearly surprised by the show of affection from the stoic man.

Evelyn practically melted into his touch, accepting the warmth as she fought away hot tears. He's finally gone. She burrowed herself farther into his chest.

Her hand pressed against the gauze on her face, right under her right eye. The cut would most likely scar. She smiled softly as she glanced back up at Shota's face.

She leaned back into his chest, closing her eyes. Shota glanced down at the strawberry blonde, smiling softly before glaring at Tsukauchi. Not a word. The detective quickly understood before backing away.

He glanced back down, the soft smile coming back.

----

After it was discovered that Horikoshi was the one to attack her home, Evelyn moved back into her apartment (reluctantly). However, she still ended up staying at Shota's house throughout the week, commuting with him to and from work.

Evelyn huffed as she pressed her fingers against her cheekbone, frowning at the small scar. She glanced in the mirror. She pulled away, glancing over at the doorway where Aizawa stood.

"We match." She grinned.

Aizawa snorted. "Yeah sure." He couldn't help but feel angry every time he looked at the scar. It felt like a reminder that he had failed to protect her.

He hummed absent-mindedly as he thumbed the scar-tissue. Evelyn smiled softly. "Get ready dork. We have to pack for the training camp."

Aizawa groaned. "I'll do it, stop nagging me."

"You keep saying that, but it's not getting done." Evelyn sang as she slipped around Aizawa to get to the bedroom. She grabbed her luggage, folding her clothes neatly as she tucked them into the back.

She really was looking forward to the training camp. Evelyn smiled softly at the memory of the class. The students had slowly formed a soft spot on her, worming their way into her heart.

She finished and stood, dusting herself off as she made her way into the kitchen where Aizawa sat at the counter surrounded by paper.

Evelyn smacked him over the head. "Go pack. I'll cook dinner."