Chapter Fifty-Two

The door to the Salvatore Boarding House opens as the tremors die down to nothing, causing Damon, Stefan, Alaric, Bonnie, and Elena to turn to see why. Diana steps through and into the room with John at her side.

"Diana" Elena shouts and runs to her sister and hugs her tightly. Bonnie smiles.

"Told you she could get herself out" Bonnie comments as Diana hugs Elena back and looks at Alaric over her shoulder. He lets out a breath and relaxes seeing her in one piece without a mark on her. Elena pulls back and looks over Diana.

"Did she hurt you?" Elena asks.

"No, just...tied me to a chair with rope...like that could hold me" She teases and nudges Elena who smiles at her, relaxing slightly. Diana swings her arms at her side and looks up at Alaric. "Your wife" She starts. "What a bitch" Alaric smiles a little and nods before he hugs her tightly, closing his eyes as presses his nose to her hair. Diana relaxes against his chest, her arms wrapping around him too.

"Diana" John states, she pulls back from Alaric, he lets out a breath and nods before turning to Elena. Diana holds out her hand to Elena who stares at her.

"Give me the device," Diana tells her. "It's okay, Elena..." Elena sets the device into Diana's open hand, she turns and holds it out to John.

"Diana" Elena begs, John takes it from Diana.

"You're doing the right thing...and your dad would be proud of you for doing this" John tells her and nods before leaving the house.

"Jackass" She mumbles. Diana lets out a breath and looks at the others who all stare at her. "Bonnie broke it, right?" Diana asks them, they look at Bonnie who motions to her head and then at Diana's head. "Yeah, she told me" Diana agrees. "So who cares if John has it now?" she shrugs. "Have you got any food? I'm really hungry" Diana comments and then walks away towards the kitchen.

............

Later; Alaric is back at the high school, making his ways down an empty school hallway, he left most of his stuff here after he was told that Isobel had Diana and he wanted to pick it all up before he goes home. He stops suddenly and turns around to find Isobel standing there.

"What do you want?" Alaric asks her,

"I totally get it, you, here as a history teacher. It's good."

"What the hell are you doing? You act like you don't care and yet here you are hunting me down"

"I'm leaving. I just thought I say goodbye."

"You couldn't be bothered the first time, so why now?" He asks her.

"You hate me"

"You kidnapped Diana, so yeah, I hate you" He points out. "Did you do that to get at me or John?"

"A little of both" Isobel comments with a shrug. "You know...She reminds me a lot of me"

"Diana is nothing like you" Alaric defends.

"Independent. Smart. Scrappy. Determined." Isobel lists off. "I was just like that at her age"

"Yeah, Diana is all those things" He agrees, because she is. "....But she's not a bitch" He counters, a little proud of his comeback. "And she loves her family.....cares about the people in her life, even those that hurt her. She protects people. You destroy them"

"So bitter" Isobel teases and touches his jacket with a smirk. "I really did a number on you, huh?" she caresses his chest slightly.

"What is the whole point of this exercise?" Alaric asks Isobel taking her hands off of him.