22. "there's not a star in heaven that we cant reach?"

"It's not that big of a deal!" Aurora exclaims as Evie gives her a look. "You wrote him a song!" Evie exclaims back, sitting back on Auroras bed. "I wrote it a while ago but It's just a silly little opening night thing, I don't even know if i'll show him" Aurora sighed. "Can I hear it?" Evie questioned. "Fine."

Aurora sat, ready in her opening outfit, looking through her lines nervously. "Nervous?" Ej asked as he approached her. "Does it show?" Aurora ,sighed slightly. "You'll do great" he grinned, feeling his phone buzz in his pocket. "And remember, i'm always there to put on a wig if you need" he laughed. "Thanks" she giggled back, looking back down at her script.

"My beautiful babies, let's gather round for some housekeeping!" Miss Jenn walked in and everyone gathered in a circle. "most of you know our Martha had to leave under family circumstances, gina sends her love and support to all of you but unfortunately she's on the east coast and won't be able to make it to tonights performance. And so, I have asked.... Kourtney to fill in her stead" Miss Jenn announces, causing everyone to smile and cheer. They all began clapping for her, they really were a family.

"So now, what I would like to do is ask you all to think of a word or phrase from show that expresses where your head is or your goals for tonight, is anyone want to share?" She asks. They all take a moment to think. 

"You're my guys and this is our team" Big red smiles, making Aurora give him a grin. 

Ricky stands up. "What of you want to try something really new and its' a total disaster and all of your friends laugh at you" he says, at least he was being honest. Aurora smiled sadly and placed a hand on his shoulder. "We're in this together" she whispered, to only him. He nodded, thanking her without words. 

 "Oh um, do you ever feel like there's this whole other person inside of you that is just looking for a way to come out" Nini says.

 "There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach?" Aurora says, she was feeling nervous, but excited as she felt like she could do anything. Everybody nodded. 

"Oh, do you remember kindergarten when you'd meet a kid, know nothing about them, and then ten seconds later you'd be best friends" Evie smiled nudging her best friend with a grin.

 "Do the romp, and strut your stuff" Carlos laughs, arising giggles. 

 "My shower head is very impressed with me" Kourtney laughs. 

"I'm proud to call you my sister" Ej looks at Ash with a smile. "Close enough" she laughs.

 "My nail beds are history" she adds. 

"And i'm glad to call you my sister" Ricky smiled at his twin. "Obviously" Aurora rolls her eyes playfully, clearly being sarcastic which made them all laugh. 

 "Sharpay's kinda cute too" Seb starts. "So is a mountain lion, but you don't pet it" Everyone finishes together. 

Miss Jenn smiles at the family she had created, "And i'll just say, no matter what happens tonight, we're all in this together"

Aurora had done great in her first couple of scenes, earning laughs when she was meant too, it really boosted her confidence. In the audience she just saw her mom and dad, who seemed so happy, and they were together. It made Aurora happy, they had come together to come and support their daughter. So far, everything was going great, and Aurora was loving it.

"This is so great!" she grinned to evie as they stood back stage waiting for their cue for stick to the staus quo. "I knew you'd love it" Evie singsonged. "You were right, like always" Aurora sighed mockingly. "So was I right about you still being in love with ej?" Evie asked, raising an eyebrow. Aurora ignored her, her eyes finding Miss Jenn, who came in ay the perfect time. 

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, its time for stick to the status quo" She announces, as if they didn't already know. Some of them cheer and clap, including Evie. "This is our biggest act one showstopper and you're all going to kill it because I love you, any questions?" she asks. "I have a couple hundred" Kourtney raises her hand. "How is the Taylor and Martha dance break gonna work? Ginas tray-ography is really complex" Seb comments. "Aurora can make something up on the spot, do a solo?" Carlos suggests, making Aurora give him a glare. "You are really over estimating my abilities pal, i'm not a dancer" she comments. "We could have the orchestra cit it?" Carlos tries again. "Or we could have gina do it!" Kourtney exclaims, making all of their heads turn towards the door.

Everyone squealed when they saw gina in the doorway. Carlos ran over to hug her. Gina set down her cakes and hugged him. "You guys I don't want to interrupt" she smiles. "how did you get here?" Aurora asked. "...A friend bought me a last minute flight back, I was gonna drop off these cupcakes and hide in the gym and cheer you guys on" She grins, she was just happy to be there. "Gina, no one in the gym wants to hide more than I do right now" Kourtney tells her, seriously. "Wait, are you playing Martha?"  Gina asks. "I was and it was nice and now it's your turn to save my butt and do the dance, Please. I'm asking you" Kourtey handed over the tray. Gina smiled and turned to miss Jenn. "Ca-can I?" she asked. Miss Jenn pretend to ponder but it didn't last long. "Of course, you can do the curtain call together" She grinned, everyone cheering softly. Aurora gave her a supportive grin, and ran off to get ready for the dance, grabbing her tray in the process.