• Chapter Seven •

Monday came around too quickly. Unfortunately the weekend flew by and it was the start of a new week. Sarcastic yay.

After taking a, longer than necessary, shower went over and I opened up my closet.

What says: 'I don't really want to be here, but because I have to I'm going to dress appealingly'?

I decided to go with my light denim jeans, a black plain spaghetti cut top, my white sneakers and my big wooly coat.

Satisfied, I run a brush though my hair, put on some lip gloss and headed downstairs

"Good morning, family." I said with a tired smile.

"Morning, Aurora. Didn't you sleep well?" My mom asked concerned.

"Not really mom, but I'm okay." I said offering her another smile.

I really didn't sleep well. It was around twelve when I decided to actually take a sleeping pill, because I couldn't sit there any longer. Eventually I fell asleep, but woke up a few times after.

"Sorry my babe." She said stroking my hair.

"I'm good, don't stress." I hoped to reassure her. I don't like worrying my parents.

I made my morning smoothly, then I took a seat at the kitchen counter. I still have a few minutes left to enjoy my morning at home, before I had to leave for school.

"Good morning my girls." My dad greeted upon entering the kitchen.
He placed a kiss on the top of my head and one on my mom's cheek.

"Hey dad." I replied smiling.

"Another damn Monday." My dad said sighing.

My dad is in advertising. He is a ECD (Executive Creative Director), which means constantly dealing with clients and other people.

Doesn't that sound fun?
Oh how I love human beings.

My dad is given a brief by the client (brand or company) and he has to stick to the concept that they want. He comes up with the idea, the other creatives have to plot out the ideas, then he either approves or disapproves it. Only to do that hundreds of times to be turned down by the fussy client. Eventually he gets it spot on, but it's quite the process. He produces some really amazing things, I love the things he comes up with.

"That bad?" I asked.

"I have a presentation with one of the clients today, so that is how I'm starting my week."

"Sorry dad, but I'm sure you'll kill it." I try to encourage him.

He just gives me a smile and hugs me.

"Thanks, Ar."

"Has Wil already left?" I ask my mom.