Epilogue

I woke up in a hospital about a month later. I wasn't really told the real time but I remember coming in and out of consciousness and finding various people standing next to me. My mark was deep and beautiful and my mate was nowhere to be seen.

In fact when I woke up I was informed that he was back in Ireland. 

I'm not sure what I was expecting. The prophecy is fulfilled. He is gone.

But I understand now that Nathaniel doesn't need me. He doesn't need Sorcha. He doesn't need the forgiveness of the Huntress either. He needs to forgive himself. 

Loving me won't do that. 

We keep in touch. I visit him from time to time and actually spent the firt part of my transition with him. He taught me how to control my anger after the Huntress frowned upon me. 

The death of hundreds was punishable by death but instead my goddess gave me lycanthropy.

My pack still accepted me. I return often to see my brother and neices. Ellie, Aisha and Zaya. Ida is actually pregnant again and this time, my brother swears, it will be a boy. 

As for the Jade Forest, Mike and Lacey are enjoying their retirement. Jac is still looking for her mate but has managed to run the pack quite well without one. Without her sister as well. Maldeo was very excited upon arriving in Alaska to find that Gemma Stone is his one true mate. They moved to Greenland soon after and are living happily last I heard, strengthening the bond between the two packs and making many people very happy. 

Not the former Alpha. He's still terrible. 

My parents get excited with all this new news. They smile and laugh every time we smile and laugh and have been blessed with nearly no bad news since the battle. 

Wow that sounds terrible. We haven't called it the battle. We actually try not to talk about it. 

But if there were a time to talk about it it wouldn't be now. 

I stand over the edge of the Rocky Mountains, wind in my face blowing the hair away from me. Max, Aunt November and Uncle Luke were making their way down the side already but I remained the enjoy the view. 

So much beauty in this world and i get to see if for the rest of eternity.

That's how you end a story.