Chapter 18: Painted In Your Golden Kiss, Honey Dripping From Your Lips

Camila's POV:

We arrived at the airport, boarding our early morning flight and sitting on the plane...

The jet interior was different to that of the one we came in: there were no rows of seats- only the white elegant leather couches on either side of the polished coffee table... There were plush curtains at every window- blocking out the light of the sun and moon illuminating the inside of the plane... There were smooth wooden walls separating the cabins- a large black plasma screen positioned on one of them, and storage and shelving on the others... The white walls of the cabin where aligned with speakers and air conditioning- situated in between the circular windows...

From the window of the plane I could see the wing engine semi illuminated under the light. The lower half was shining around the rim, whereas the upper half was several shades darker- the rotors humming quietly... As the plane dipped and moved, the light changed- adjusting the colours of the plane from whites to silvers to greys...

The ground below me was alive with lights- and, even though it was too dark to make out the individual buildings, I was still sat amazed as the view that was laid out before me... I watched the clouds emerge in patterns that no one had ever seen- like white ribbons decorating the sky... They were thin and wispy- like spilled white paint against the midnight blue canvas...

Soon, sunrise came- radiating across the clouds and turning them into a blanket of molten orange with bands of pink... The clouds began to disappear from the morning sky, and as they shifted, they revealed the earth below with greens and blues...

The rivers were liquid gold and silver... and mountains arose from the ground as if they were reaching up for the sky...

The top of the mountains were pristine and white- concealed in snow- contrasting against the dark green of the pines...

Miami:

After five hours, our flight landed... Lauren and I made our way through the airport- collecting our luggage and walking through the revolving exit doors of the large concrete structure... We made our way outside- greeted by Jenkins parked in a small spot in front of the airport...

We drove back to my hotel- soon surrounded by the beautiful clear blue waters and green palm trees... Even though our day was coming to an end- life in Miami was only just beginning- and the streets began to fill up with the chaos of cars and people passing us...

I had missed the multitude of vibrant hues from the green grasses, the blue sky, the white buildings...

I had missed Miami.

We finally reached the hotel, Lauren taking my hand in hers and leading me through the doors into the lobby...

"You don't have to walk me up to my room..." I smiled,

"I don't have to, but I want to..." she responded,

"Always so charming" I teased, letting her wrap her arm around me as we waited for the lift...

*Ding*

The doors opened, Lauren and I stepping inside- pressing the button to my floor and waiting patiently. The doors slid closed and the elevator began to rise...

The elevator had black and white walls, a white tile floor and a polished silver handrail that encompassed the perimeter- it slowly climbed the floors, whirring quietly until abruptly reaching a stop...

The doors slid open and Lauren and I stepped out into the corridor outside... walking to my hotel room and stopping outside the door...

"You know... you can always come in for a drink..." I smiled, leaning against the door...