When the Kingdom Comes Together

Matteo

Matteo

The house as things stood now was chaotically loud. There's an emphasis on the word chaotic because my home was always loud with five teenagers who argued with each other because the wind would change its direction at the wrong second of the day. Right now was chaotic because as it stood there were ten of said children in my house, and all of their parents which meant that in some regards there stood at about twelve children in my house much to my mixed contentment and deep annoyance.

These past seventeen years had been the most beautifully chaotic times of my life and I would do anything and everything all over again a thousand times over if I could. I'd always hoped that as a man I would be a husband and father worth at least half of a damn. I hoped that I would be able to love my family through any trials and tribulations we might be destined to face, and be a man that even my own father could be proud of. I knew considering my stature as the Capo that would be a hard order to fill, but somehow through God's grace I was doing it, and I woke up everyday grateful beyond measure for being allowed that opportunity to be even more than the man I prayed for myself to be.

Taking a deep breath I went out of the door and made my leave down the hallway. The noise I heard echoing down to my office grew louder. A grin came over my face as I saw the love of my life walking my way with a laugh falling from her lips as she saw the smile on my face.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" She giggled out as I looked over her nearer frame.

Her hair was long and in deep waves that flowed down her back. In a blue long sleeve shirt and jeans she was dressed casually for our family gathering we were hosting this time around. Seventeen years into this crazy life we were living together and somehow this woman only got more beautiful with every graceful year she walked on this Earth. She was ethereal, something of a dream I could never create on my own fruition no matter now hard I could've earnestly  tried.

Kashera Marie Leone was everything to me, and there wasn't a thing in this world that could change that willful fact. Having her as my wife has been my biggest saving grace. Without her I wouldn't be the man that I was. I wouldn't be a father at all, nor would I be the father that I am to our kids without the love, support and guidance she's provided to me on a constant seemingly effortless basis over out life together thus far.

Then it was the mother she was in the midst of being the most astounding wife a hellacious son of bitch like myself could've asked for. The way she loved and protected out kids was second to none. She was superwoman if I ever were to believe in superheroes or mythical beings of the sort. She knew those kids like the backs of her hands, and they each held so much love and respect for her that it blew my mind. It was because of those relationships she sustained that I worked harder at being a father of the same caliber of understanding and love as she exhibited everyday.

"Because every time I look at you I fall in love with you all over again. I thought I explained this to you last time?" I teased as I brought her into my arms and she blushed. "Honestly I still make you blush after all this time. I deserve an award," I said she rolled her eyes making me glare.