Chapter 6

Nicholas' brows furrowed wondering why the woman looked so familiar. Saan ko nga ba nakita 'tong babaeng to? He quietly asked himself.

"My name is Precious Abueva and I am a famous model," the woman said.

"Ahh..."

That's why she's familiar. But, what does she want from me?

"'Yung kasama mo kanina, si Lee Ann Carbonel 'yun, 'di ba?" Precious asked. "I was out with some friends at nakita ko kayong bumaba sa sasakyan," she lied.

Nicholas didn't why but what Precious said made him feel uncomfortable. "Pasensya na po. I am in a hurry."

Precious laughed. "Bakit ka naman magmamadali? We both know na wala kang gagawin d'un kundi ang magmukmok sa isang tabi at iiyak dahil 'yung babaeng gusto mo ay hawak ng iba," she taunted.

"Look, Miss—"

"She is stringing you along," the woman added. "Pinapaasa ka lang n'ya at ikaw naman itong tanga ay umaasa rin. What did she tell you? That you remain her friend while she's out fucking another woman's man—"

"I'm so sorry but this conversation is making me feel uncomfortable," Nicko said.

"Truth is often uncomfortable, little boy. Pero, sana h'wag kang magpakatanga sa Lee Ann Carbonel na 'yun dahil maliban sa malandi ang batang 'yun ay magaling din 'yung manggamit!"

Nicko laughed softly. "Miss Abueva, if you have a bone to settle with Lee Ann, I suggest you talk to her directly. If for some reason, you can't, I suggest you give her sisters a visit. I am sure they are more than willing to accommodate you considering how you are badmouthing their youngest. Now, if you'll excuse me—"

"Sino ka para pagtawanan ako?!" Precious asked grabbing Nicko's arm. "Sino ka para matain ako?!"

"I didn't—"

"Ikaw ang kalait-lait sa ating dalawa! Ikaw na hindi alam ang lugar mo sa buhay ng babaeng 'yun! Gaano ka kabobo?! Talagang tinitiis mo na paulit-ulit na masaktan ng putang inang 'yun?!"

"Miss—"

"Hindi pa ako tapos magsalita! H'wag kang sabat nang sabat!" Precious shouted.

The one-sided confrontation was starting to attract a small crowd and the young man was slowly drowning in mortification. Why am I being subjected to something this embarrassing again? he quietly asked himself.

"Ginagawa ka n'yang basahan! Ginagawa ka n'yang malaking katatawanan at hinahayaan mo lang! Hindi na uso ang martir ngayon! Hindi na uso ang nagpapaapi at hindi na uso ang nagpapagamit nang libre! Gamitin mo yang utak mo!"

"Miss, I'm not sure what you're trying to get across," Nicko said prying his arm off her grasp. "If you approached me to extend your sympathy, I do not need it and if you're here to get my sympathy, I apologize but you're not getting one from me. I do not like to be rude to you because I have older sisters but you probably should move on."

Precious looked at the teenager in front of her and realized that her approach was wrong. I need to get this kid's sympathy so he can help me with my plans! she thought to herself as she stepped away from Nicholas.

"I'm sorry...it's just that, I really don't know what to do. Ayaw akong kausapin ni Nick because he is under some illusion na mas mahal n'ya 'yung kaibigan mo kaysa akin..."

She smiled. "Pasensya ka na, nadala lang ako ng emosyon. Pwede ba tayong mag-usap nang maayos? Gusto lang kitang tulungan at alam ko ring matutulungan mo rin ako. Pareho tayong nasasaktan—"