5. Believe it, Sugar

First, sorry for the lack of updates. This is the first week I've had to myself in a long time. So, I've been using it to catch up on a few things. And I hope to complete another a chapter or so for each book over the weekend. 

Second, I realize that I posted an announcement about this already, but I figured I'd post it again just in case some of you who want to, haven't seen it. So, I entered a writing contest a while ago and had to write a book for it. The book has been posted on another platform and as I have a contract signed with that platform, I cannot post the book on Wattpad or any other platform. The app is called Ringdom and it is the only place where this particular story can be found. So, for those of you who want to read it, the app is free. The story is free (though because of the contract I signed, in a few months that might change). The story is also completed. Again, the app is called Ringdom and the story is called A King's War.

It is different than my usual stories of action and mystery and instead falls into the genre of Fantasy. So, if you want to check it out you can, and if not that's cool too. Completely up to you. Though, again it is different than my usual writings.

Now, on with the update for Agent 34. Enjoy!

Everly's POV

"Tell me about Agent Nineteen," I said as I looked over her file. This got a long sigh out of Ian and he ran his hands over his face. For a split second, he looked absolutely exhausted, but that look was soon gone.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "Nineteen is . . . something else."

I raised my eyebrows at him before looking at the psychological profile written up for her. It was pages longer than anyone else's.

Alejandra Villa. Age seventeen. Her file was much longer and not in a good way. There were pictures of her kills as well as pictures of people she'd brutally tortured before killing and none of it was pretty. I would have thought her and Lily could have become the best of friends if it wasn't for the fact that the best description of her given by the agency psychologist was that she was a sociopath. In reading over her file, I had to agree. Except for some rare instances listed, she seemed to have absolutely no conscience. Although, in reading through her file, she didn't seem to have any of the superficial charm often associated with sociopaths. She just seemed, closed off to everything and everyone. Detached.

"So I've read," I finally replied to Ian. I looked up at him from the file. He looked like someone who had been trying to help but just didn't know what more to do for her anymore. He'd given up.

"You don't want her on your team anymore," I stated.

He let out another sigh and shook his head. "No," He replied.

"You think she's a risk."

He nodded again. "I allowed her to be placed on our team because I thought we could help her. I thought maybe I could get her on the right track but now . . . I just don't know what to do with her."

I stared at him. "You do realize that being a sociopath is a personality disorder and rarely can you actually ever help them, right?"

"She's just so young," Ian said quietly. "I thought I could help. And she wasn't like this before." He shrugged. "At least, that's what I'm told. I don't know too much about how to she came to be in the agency but from what I've heard her talk about and from what Zero was able to learn about her past, she was a normal child."

"Until she suffered a trauma," I said as I looked over the section of the file written about her past. "Shut down, blocked out all emotions, and detached herself from everything."