xii

Caroline walked down the street towards the bar she was informed Lucien usually resided in. Klaus and Stefan were simultaneously working to get Aurora's blood. She was dressed in a black dress with dark red boots and a matching coat to fight against the chilly night air. 

She knew it would be hard for her to get Lucien to believe the story that was being presented. But it was Caroline's only chance to get the blood. Entering the bar she immediately noticed it was almost completely empty except for a waitress draining her blood into a wine glass for Lucien.

"Why hello Love!" His accented voice greeted, though something about the terrifying way he said love made her stomach lurch and her gut pound in an uncomfortable way. Bile quickly rose through her throat but the blonde forced it down, coming up with a quick response.

"I heard you're trying to prevent Klaus from dying, as one of his sired I'd like to help." She cocked her lip and adjusted her hand to rest into her hair, tilting slightly as he looked at her.

'Well I'd usually say no but to someone so ravishing I'm inclined to agree," Lucien made a gesture for the waitress to go back behind the bar as he stood up, waltzing over her with a cocky smirk.

"Well thank you," She did a mock-curtsey and giggled lightly, watching his expression turn to a more flirtatious playful one. Caroline was still a bit worried about what was going to happen with Stefan Versus Aurora. 

"So what do you have that can be any use to me," Lucien asked eyes narrowed slightly as he took a threatening step towards her. 

"Klaus will do anything I say." Caroline said, a proud smirk tugging against her lips, "Because he's in love with me." Caroline knew it was a lie. Maybe he was into her but not in love.

"Welcome to the team M'lady."