The Proposal

~Amira POV~  

I stare at Tupac's poster face I had posted on my wall and I trace his features that I missed so much with my pointer finger. I kept finding myself tracing his eyes. I haven't seen him for 35 hours and I was already slowly dying inside.

"I. Need. A. Life." I mumble to myself hitting my head lightly on the poster.

I decide to distract myself with a nice book to read. I walk over to my small brown wooden bookshelf. I trail through my different biographies, science books, math books, until I stop at "Little Women." I pause and I stare at the book. It was the copy I had from 7th grade. That’s when Lesane had fallen on me.

I pick the book up and I see something drop. I pick it up and see something I thought I would never see again, my ring. The one Lesane gave me.

I picked it up and stared at it. What was it doing there? I never put it there. It was odd. I put it on my finger and kissed it.

My pager beeps in my pocket and I stare at the number. I've never saw that number before. I pick my phone up and call it.

"Hello?" I ask when they pick up.

"Hey." I hear someone say into the phone.

"Who is this?" I ask.

"Lesane."

"Oh my gosh, so sorry. I’m not used to your new manly voice, I just remember your squeaky puberty one." I laugh.

He was silent for a minute.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, it’s just so nice to hear your voice again." He says.

I hear my doorbell ring.

"Hold on a second, my door bell is ringing." I say.

"Okay." 

I drop the phone on my bed and I walk down my steps and I stop in front of the door.

I tug on the necklace on my neck Tupac gave me as I slowly looked through the peek hole. I see Lesane. I take a step back surprised.

I grab a quick mirror lying on my couch and I look to see if I looked okay. I brushed my hair with my fingers a little and fixed a smudge in my mascara. I ran back to the door and I opened it.

I look at him. His short hair was newly cut and he was wearing a black suit. What was he doing here? And this scene looked familiar.

He raised his eyebrows up and down and I laughed.

"What do you want?" I ask smiling.

"To marry you." He said.

"What did you say?" I ask misunderstanding him.

"I’m here to ask your hand in marriage." He said getting down on one knee.

I feel my adrenaline take a rush as my thoughts raced through my mind. This was all too sudden. What was he doing? Is he trying to kill me? I stare at his pleading eyes. I come to a conclusion. This was a dream.

"I-I." I choke out.

"Why is the world spinning?" 

I feel myself trip, or just fall and Lesane caught me.

"Amira! Are you okay?!" Lesane asks sincerely.

I nod standing up. I balance myself on my front step and I look at a blurry image of Lesane.

He touched my chin and turned me to face the real him.

"Sorry, I’m a little nervous." I laugh weakly realizing this was no dream.

"It’s okay, I know it’s so sudden." He said.

"Ever since I met you, I planned on marrying you." 

"That’s so sweet Lesane." I say.

I didn't know what to say, I still loved Lesane, but I loved Tupac more. 

And I wanted to give you something." He said.

"What is it?" I ask.

he touched the back of my neck and before I could say something his lips were on mine. My eyes widened.

I pushed him off.

"L-Lesane you know I’m already with someone." I say.

"I know, but I was thinking you would leave him for me." He said staring at his shoes.

It was silent for a while.

"I'll think about it." 

I really did need some time to think about it, I had spend all those years missing and wanting Lesane, and the minute I find him, Tupac is already in my life. This wasn't what I meant.

I smile and give him a small kiss on the cheek. I close the door.

I fall on the ground and I hang my head low. Since when was my love life so crazy? I really need to check my love horoscope more.