vii. the whomping willow

˗ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ˗
meet me by the whomping willow tonight.

𝟖𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟔

𝟖𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟔

JUST AS DOMINIQUE HAD INTENDED, she managed to avoid Sirius and James for five days. But Kathryn found much amusement in the situation Dominique had found herself in, specifically telling her "this is what happens when you let your hormones get the better of you." Dominique figured she was right. Which is why she decided not to tell Kathryn about how she had slept with Mulciber that same day. She wished to forget it entirely. 

Dominique woke up earlier than usual on the Wednesday morning in early October, the sun beams peeking through the window of the dormitory. She hardly spoke to any of her dormitory mates and so she got ready rather swiftly, leaving her hair out, putting on a white headband and allowing two strands to fall in front of her face. She didn't have a lesson first period but was starving, having missed dinner the previous night. And so, she picked up her bag and books for Transfiguration before stepping out of the dormitory, finding herself in the common room in a matter of seconds.

   "Nott." Snape's drawl was distinct and instantly recognisable. He soon fell into step with her, walking beside her as she continued her journey on to the Great Hall. "Are you doing anything this evening?"

   "What would I be doing? It's a school night." Dominique glanced at him. His hand wrapped around her upper arm, not tight enough for her to complain but just enough for her to stop walking. "What do you-"

   "Meet me by the Whomping Willow tonight. At midnight."

   "Severus, have you gone mad? I'm not sneaking out at midnight for- what exactly is this?"

   "I'll tell you when you get there." His tone was urgent and hushed, speaking as if he didn't want anyone else to hear him. Sighing, Dominique shook his hand off her arm, continuing to walk as she shrugged her shoulders.

   "Sure, whatever. But if Filch catches us and we get in trouble, you're taking the blame," Dominique said, walking through the large Great Hall doors. "And it better be important."

   "Oh, trust me. It is." 

🌙

The rest of the day was slow, especially since Dominique only had two lessons and four free periods with nothing to do. She would've looked for Remus, as she had grown to not mind his company, but he was nowhere to be found. So, she had spent it alone, revising work she had already done.