Chapter 25

"Ready?" Sawyer asked as Lucy climbed out of the portrait hole.

"Yeah," Lucy said, "but I don't know where Ginny is."

"I do," Sawyer snorted.

Lucy looked past him and saw Ginny sprinting towards them, her hair disheveled and the buttons on her shirt done up wrong.

"I'm going to be late!" She shrieked, "I lost track of time."

"Obviously," Lucy laughed, plucking a leaf from her friend's hair, "had fun?"

"Shove it," Ginny blushed furiously, "I have to go change."

"We'll wait, hurry up though," Lucy said.

Ginny leapt through the portrait hole and disappeared.

"She was with Michael I presume," Lucy looked to Sawyer's curious face.

"Ah," Sawyer nodded, "that makes sense."

"Yep," Lucy giggled.

Ginny came back a few moments later, sporting shorts, a tank top, and a messy bun, "let's go," she breathed.

The three took off through the castle and towards the practice field, stopping once at the broomshed to collect their sticks.

"Goodluck," Sawyer pulled Lucy into a hug and kissed her head, "you'll do brilliant. You too, Ginny."

"Thanks!" They chorused, walking out to join the team as Sawyer took to the bleachers.

"Lucy, Ginny, just on time," Angelina beckoned then over, Ron, Angelina, Alicia and Katie stood in their practice wear in front of a small crowd of six.

"We're going to run some drills, if you're trying out for Beater go to the right, seekers to the left."

Lucy walked to the right with the two boys from the other night. They were both much bigger than her, burly and oaf-ish.

"There's a Hufflepuff watching us," one of the boys observed, pointing to the bleachers.

Lucy turned her head, Sawyer was sitting by Harry, Fred and George.

"Spy!" The other boy yelled.

"Oh shove it," Alicia rolled her eyes.

"That's just Sawyer," Angelina said, "he's here for Lucy."

"He doesn't even play Quidditch," Katie added, "he's not a threat, nor a spy."

The two boys grumbled under their breath but didn't say anymore.

"If you two are done," Angelina huffed, "we do limited time, I would like to get on with it."

"Ok then!" Katie clapped, "we're going to run some drills. Give it your all, you have to earn your position on this team."

"Katie's right," Angelina spike, "we don't do slackers, everyone has to pull their own weight, we want to win the cup this year."

"On that note," Alicia smiled, "let's get to it! Seekers, whoever gets the snitch first gets the position, Beaters, don't let the Bludgers hit anyone."

The balls were released, Beaters were given bats and all ten players took to the sky.

A smile immediately graced Lucy's face as she soared around the field. She grasped the bat tightly in her left hand, waiting for a Bludger to strike.